1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Hajime No Ippo (The Fighting! Spirit)

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by agxthesorrow, Jan 10, 2010.

1. agxthesorrow

agxthesorrow Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Hello to everyone! i decided to gave to all of you a single anime recommendation.
    my recommendation is Hajime No Ippo or the (The Fighting! Spirit)

Fighting and character development have never tangoed so well together. Hajime no Ippo would have gotten repetitive fast had it not been for the ultimate focus on each of its characters, whether friend or foe. There are times when you do not know whom to root for, but the post-fight development sets your mind at ease. Feeling for them so much intensifies every aspect of this show and makes watching the next episode a necessity.

Sometimes hilarious, sometimes serious, everything merges so well under the boxing theme with perfect proportions and pacing. Even if the characters do a lot more than box, nothing of their daily routine feels like filler, which ultimately affects Ippo and the others' growth as boxers and as human beings. Only two recapitulating episodes break the tempo. The rest is either motivating training montages, nerve-racking fights or character development through side-splitting comedy and dramatic flashbacks.

A show of this magnitude using the same setting is bound to recycle some of its cels, but this often goes unnoticed in Hajime no Ippo. The only letdown was the constant monologues taking place before, during and after matches. They're imperative to the understanding of the inner workings of boxing and characters' emotional states... but are also a bit overwhelming on occasion, distorting time itself and making single rounds last fifteen minutes.

It only takes one episode to become a fan of all the students and teachers in the Kamogawa gym. This is the first time I connected with characters to this extent, and I recommend this series to every action fan looking to expand his or her horizon. A few drops of testosterone certainly help, but there are plenty of other reasons to enjoy Hajime no Ippo. This anime is so much more than a boxing anime. is really inspiring and it wont't let you down.

there exist to seasons
    hajime no ippo and hajime no ippo new challenger
    [​IMG]
    god bless you all.