1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Hah! Some tosser tried to scam me

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AcroneSF, Dec 23, 2009.

1. AcroneSF

AcroneSF Well-Known Member

This is just stupid. I haven't played wow in years and check the email.
    [​IMG]

2. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

XD at "wowaccountadmin" and the email.

MMORPG's usually say how "we will never ask for your account password" and such, it's a wonder how people actually fall for these things.

3. Reider

Reider Modereider

Well, most people don't read the terms of service or anything so they usually don't see the "we will never ask for your password or personal info" part.

I always have such a hard time feeling sorry for people who fall for those things. =/

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

people fall for for bank phishing emails as well. I don't know any bank that would use email to contact customers, they usually refuse point blank to use email (in the UK at least)

5. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

According to emails i have gotten, at least 20 accounts at banks i don't use need my account name and password and such to verify that i am the owners of the accounts or some crap. I really have to check out my accounts at the banks that are 7 states away.

It also doesn't help when the websites are something like qwefefsdafafd.bankofamerica.com, very legit looking web address.

6. meeshelly

meeshelly Well-Known Member

I got the same email, sent me to a phishing site... I'm glad I got the email... my hubby is really bad with computers and I bet if he had gotten it he would've put in his account info. I should warn him about it. But yea I got same email but deleted it.

What server are you on? My main is Avasky (Horde) Crushridge US I haven't played in like a month though.. I do that a lot. I try and quit so I always have like 2 month intervals where I stop. >.<

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

my main is Sinanala (horde) on llane US.

8. AcroneSF

mines Supercyborge (alliance) on Aggramar EU although mind you my account is frozen at the moment (havent played retail in that long, they were charging me $60 a month(yea i know but thats how much i was paying))

9. meeshelly

meeshelly Well-Known Member

Boo... Alliance... yuck ;P

10. AcroneSF

Well someones gotta be alliance.

11. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Foxmail?

12. Paddette

Paddette Well-Known Member

It's real FOXXY, baby, yeah!