1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Hacking a New PSP

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by DTheRPGFan657289, Jul 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DTheRPGFan657289

DTheRPGFan657289 Well-Known Member

I've got a DS with an emulator cartridge. I want to know if there's any experienced techs out here in the forums that know of any straightforward ways to hack a PSP so it can emulate PSP games from, say, a very big memory stick.

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Can you re-explain that?

Do you want to do psp over a ds???

That's impossible-power insuffient to even do a single game...

Can you re explain please kind sir...
    Post Merge: [time]1246720730[/time]
    I'm guessing you mean something else...

A psp can play psp back ups, same way as a ds with roms, you jsut need to hack-it's common knowledge for those with hacked psp's :)

If you want to try "psp doing ds", it can but they stopped work on the emu, it was very slow and could only do homebrew...

It's techiinally not called "emulating' if it's the same console "psp to psp" it's more or less just another alternitive way of playing it...

I have a hacked psp with several backup games...some I...wait better not tell you that one, not exactly what you call "legal"....

Hope my broadened out answer helps :)

3. phayzer422

phayzer422 New Member

Yeah, I have a hacked PSP. Chech out PSPDOWNLOADSWITCH.net for tutorials and stuff.

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Or ask here-I-and a few others-know a thing or 2 about psp hacking :)

Just ask (but make it a tad clearer-sorry for being thick in my first responce :( )

5. DTheRPGFan657289

No, I meant to say was since giving the DS an emulator feature was incredibly easy, I wanted to get a PSP this year and try to hack it so I could play PSP roms on it. So I'd have two hacked handhelds. But from what I saw so far, the PSP-2000 models were capable, but it involved a bit of work, such as downloading the program, and also altering the battery of the 2000 model. I was wondering if there were any more straightforward methods in hacking a PSP to play PSP roms.

6. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=8507.0

There are two methods for this approach.
    You can:
    A: Buy a Pandora Battery online.
    B: Mod your own PSP-2000 battery, and mod it back.

My tutorial skips option B, so you'll have to find another tutorial if you want to mod your battery.

7. locoloko

locoloko Member

It's easier buying the pandora battery. It costs about $8 and you dont risk your current battery. And yes, that is the only way, and it will not work on psp-3000 models. So if you want to buy a psp to hack it, you're gonna have to get it used.

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Actually, there is the chickHen method...

It takes a bit longer, but it works provided your running a compatible psp for hacking-not psp 3000's or one's with the ta-88v3 I believe...

Plus chickHen is a bit touchy depending on how you go-with this you can save that 8 bucks :)

That's what I did-I don't have the abiility to buy online so I thought I'd go with that-or if your stil on factory warrenty or your running a 3000, go for chickHen only-it won't do some homebrew nor will it do iso/cso backups, but it does most emulators.

9. DTheRPGFan657289

that's what its called! Thanks. I know I can get a good 2000 model used for around 130 bucks at Gamestop, and then 10 bucks for this Pandora Battery. Will I need anything else besides a USB data cable for the 2000 series, like which program?

10. insanecrazy07

Weren't the new 2000s (back when they were new) $160?

11. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

If you haven't bought already...you can try my method, I made a tutorial, you can save that pandora cash XD

It takes a little longer, but it's there to save money...

But if you already have-google 5.00m33v6 (the custom firmware you will want...)

Not sure what else you need-never used pandora before.

12. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

you need a 1 or 2GB memory stick as well I believe.

13. insanecrazy07

Really anything 64 MB and above.
    The stock 32 MB stick can't fit all of the magic memory stick features, let alone the firmware files.

14. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

You can't even find anything less than a GB in australia XD or just one for that matter...

15. insanecrazy07

I've seen 64s in really old ass cameras.

16. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

In you say???

They will never be sold around here...

Speaking of which (last offtopic) I hear the GO! uses new memory cards-now wtf do I do with these 4 cards???

17. insanecrazy07

New cards, unhackable to the degree that I want it to, no UMD drive, so no ISOs.
    Basically means that I'm not going to buy one.

18. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

It shall be hacked-a memory card is a memorycard-just holds data...

A soft mod could work once perfected-name one device that is unhackable.

(broke my promise :( )

19. dracky w

dracky w Well-Known Member

Never gonna get the GO i actually like UMD format cause you can swap with freinds

20. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

You can swap files with friends just as easy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.