1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Guys who use laptops watch out

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by airsoft1117, Mar 2, 2008.

1. airsoft1117

airsoft1117 Well-Known Member

Well a little something that i discovered while browsing the interwebs

http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/laptop.asp

Its pretty interesting

2. Tboi

Tboi Well-Known Member

Same with mobile phones in your pocket (don't have a mobile phone since i read that :s)

It's an urban legend.... :)

3. MusicAddict911

MusicAddict911 Well-Known Member

I don't put my laptop on my lap that much anyway... :p

4. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

Yeah I read that ages ago, still just a myth.

5. riael

riael Member

This is a myth and one I want to send to Myth Busters for immediate testing.

6. airsoft1117

airsoft1117 Well-Known Member

Even though it's a myth is makes sense what they were saying.

7. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

to start with it does much more damage to your laptop as they're not designed to go on your lap (fans on the bottom)

i've already got a child so i'm ok to play with my laptop for a long as i like.

8. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

How are they going to test it? Put laptops on the laps of an army of men?

9. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

lol my laptop lives on my lap all the time, theres a good reason they're called 'LAP' tops.

10. Born2killx

Have you guys heard of the new Dell Spermsaver laptops? They say they are really cool and quiet, and reduces sperm loss by up to 60%.

11. 0790

0790 Well-Known Member

Pfft, my balls are working fine. I've been 'lapping' my LAPtop for years. It the industrial kitchens (forget 60C more like 200C) crotch heat that gonna do damage. As for mobiles, pfft, mine lives in my pocket constantly and its doing no damage whatsoever, people who don't have phones because they think the 'radiationz' are gonna get them are idiots.

12. Born2killx

Yeah. How much damage is such a small phone going to cause? I mean, laptops and temperature is plausible, but radiation from a cell phone? Pfft.

13. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Yes I remember my Social Studies teacher telling us this. He also said that if a woman puts a cellphone in her breast pocket, it can make their breast grow smaller or something or affect the hormones somehow. I didn't know why he was telling us stuff like that when our topic was Roman :p

14. riael

riael Member

I was thinking they would use there dummy give him a nut sack, then place him in the seated position and turn on a laptop, place in lap, etc.

15. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Cellphones can transmit at up to 4 watts, thats quite powerful for a personal device.

16. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

I read somwhere that cooler temperature actually helps sperm production. Dont know if it's true.

17. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Yes that's true, another thing my SOS teacher told us :p The testicles have to be cooler than than your normal body temperature. Don't know how he knows this :p

18. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

so people actually put thier laptop on thier lap.......

19. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Wow, how random...and off topic...

20. PhatomKids

PhatomKids Well-Known Member

Luck has it that B2K is not in that class