1. This forum is in read-only mode.

guitar hero modern hits Files currpt HELP

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Anniedjr88, Jun 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anniedjr88

Anniedjr88 Member

I dl gh modern hits today and i went to unzip it and it says files are currpt. ...Rite now i hve it re downloading form the Eurp. server to see if its something to do with the USA server.. PLZ help been waiting forever for this release :( I'm dying to play it. Dose it makea diffrence wich brower i dl it thru.. I dl it thru firefox. :(

2. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

It has nothing to do with neither your browser nor the North American server. If no downloads ever extract then you need to update WinRAR, otherwise it can be your internet, such as unstable wireless. Try using a standard ethernet cable so you can rule out wireless interference.

3. Anniedjr88

Anniedjr88 Member

im inable to do that i only have one way to connect and that is thru my pda cell as a modem. I got other games just fine.. I think i'll remove winwar from my sysem re download it

4. failtorespond

failtorespond Well-Known Member

Honestly downloading with that kind of connection is a hit and miss.

5. Anniedjr88

Anniedjr88 Member

unfortunaly its the only way i can dl.. we only have dial up offerd in my area so we opted to use our cells.. any other idea's in what i should do?

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...try a download manager...it does help-these fourm guru's converted me XD

Oh, and if you could, can you reduce the amount of txt speak you use-it's agaist the fourm rules, and thanks to my late coming to the "rules's of txt'ing" I barley understood it-sorry to tell you off it does my small mind in :(

Oh, and dialup is far better than wirless broadband at least mate so stick to it-use the download manager if your going over 10MB I say.

7. Anniedjr88

Anniedjr88 Member

is there a way that someone who has dl it and it extracted fine able to email it to me to see if the Zipped file will load for me? any idea's are welcome. Hhubby use's a "laptop" card for his pc.. I use m PDS Pantecch Duo as my modem. this is only the 2nd game from romulation tht has givin met his error every other game i dl from it as been fine!. i love this site. I only have 2 sites i use.. and this is the only one who has gh posted.. and romulation is the site i prefer to use as my main download site
    Post Merge: [time]1246034547[/time]
    l

LOL im sorry I never realize when I'm Short texting words lol.. it's just out of habbit. I find my self even doing it in letters in handwriting.. I do it mainly beacuse i suck at spelling and I find it less embrassing if i just shorten the words.. instead oflooking like a stupid idiot who cant spell. good

8. failtorespond

failtorespond Well-Known Member

mds 64 is right try to use a download manager. That will probably help you a lot.

9. Anniedjr88

Anniedjr88 Member

what is a download manager and could u link me a site to use? i realy want this rom. I Defeated the other guitar hero's and i need my Guitar hero fixx LOL

10. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=8884.0

try that-download it and follow the tutorial...

A download manager seems a bit strange at first, but the advantage is that it allows you to continue downloads-you can download one half one night and continue the next day...

Give it a shot :)

11. Anniedjr88

Anniedjr88 Member

ty lets see if this work see this is why l love romulation it has so many helpufll ppl to help u get your roms working. as you can see by how few posts i have that its rare i need help.. like i said 90% of roms i have got from here work fine.
    Post Merge: [time]1246042147[/time]
    ok i have flashget and got flash got.. dl and instaled. fallowed the instructions.. now im redownloading gh moderhits. lets see if this helps!... Ill let ya know

Post Merge: [time]1246114530[/time]
    THANKS!! gt it working this way!!!!! everyone here is so helpfull::)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.