1. This forum is in read-only mode.

GTACTW WiFI Help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by BlazeShaman, Mar 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlazeShaman

BlazeShaman Member

I used the patched rom given on this website for GTA:CTW but when I try to connect to Wi-Fi it will not connect to my internet.

Now before you ask "have I set it up properly?" The answer is: Yes I have. I try using my wi fi on a DIFFERENT game and it works perfectly. Could this be because of the arm7 and arm9 change in the ROM files?

If anyone knows WHY it happens or HOW to fix it please let me know! The WiFi multiplayer was one of the things I was looking forward to. Thanks, and good day.

2. davislim

davislim New Member

juz do a arm7 fix using bomberman 2 arm7

3. BlazeShaman

BlazeShaman Member

Thanks, funny thing is that I JUST found it on GBA Temp XD Thanks

4. Sbf93

Sbf93 Well-Known Member

If you wantr to play Multiplayer and your Flashcard-Firmware havent a update for the game use the normal rom without arm7 and arm9 patch and add this cheatcode: 020FCB3C 22329203 (game ID is YGXE DEE4AA12) It should work without crashing and Wifi.

5. branraf

branraf Well-Known Member

Hey i just posted this in another post, i think you might want to read it.

For those who don't know why there isn't any head-to-head gaming over wi-fi that's becuase there isn't going to be and never was going to be...

Quoted from the R* website.
    Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars features an online component that allows you to instant message your friends and trade information and items. You can send and receive map waypoints for hidden items and special locations to your friends, and trade weapons, money or street product to enhance each other’s single player experience.

Head-to-Head and Co-op multiplayer is available locally via Wi-Fi and features 6 different modes to play. See below for details on three of them, with more information coming soon.

Notice available locally via wi-fi, to your friends. I don't think you can play together by wi-fi, i think it neeeds to be over the DS' wireless. I'm gonna try soon, just gotta call some friends.

So with some clever writing did those bugger's at r* get us to believe something that wasn't true by using clever wording... well, we will soon find out.

Check http://www.rockstargames.com/chinatownwars/view/article:multiplayer_details for more.

6. wonka8869

wonka8869 Member

how do i apply these cheats?

7. Skane

Skane Well-Known Member

You have to download a cheat code editor, I dont remember where I got it, but you open that, import your current cheat file on your flashcart into the program, select "Add New Game", add the game ID #, then "Add New Cheat Code", then enter in the cheat code, then save it back to your flashcart. I know I have an AR anyways, I download cheats off of it, then import them to my R4. MPH codes mostly :p

8. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

R4CCE is the program.

9. Skane

Skane Well-Known Member

Oh cool now I know the name.

10. collin2136

collin2136 New Member

i have patched my game but when i added the game to my AR cheat list only the unpatched version of my game shows cheats.... why is that?
    and i even took the unpatched version off of my R4.

11. anandjones

You need to fix the GameID in your database, using R4CCE.

12. collin2136

collin2136 New Member

hey thanks a lot! I really appreciate it!!!

an is it the arm7 or bomberman touch 2?

13. anandjones

One or the other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.