1. This forum is in read-only mode.

GTA IV for DS?!

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by anandjones, Apr 1, 2008.

1. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

http://nintendo-ds.dcemu.co.uk/gta-iv-for-ds--101368.html

This would be very cool, loved the old 2d birdseye view GTA games.

2. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

that looks certainly worth getting. I still play the old school GTA, DOS FTW lol.

3. sishunter

sishunter Member

i think that isnt possible dude , graphic still too much high then nds plus if they were gonna make it they gonna make it
    like dynasty warriors X_X

4. vigteo

vigteo Member

never going to happen

5. anandjones

It would be birdseye with not much 3d if it was made, didn't you read it?

6. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

lol as far as I remember I played a GTA on game boy color, and it wasnt too bad at that, classic GTA. Im pretty sure the NDS would more than cope with the classic GTA. Hell im sure my microwave would cope with the classic GTA.

Obviously all you younger kids have no idea what GTA was actually like, all you know is the 3D shoot'em up style.

7. airsoft1117

airsoft1117 Well-Known Member

I personally wasn't a fan of the Birdseye view of the original GTA games.

8. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

IM-possible.

9. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Are you serious? Is he serious?

10. iamlegend

iamlegend Well-Known Member

Bah! I'll believe it when there's some more concrete rumours....
    Not just some obscure French retailer putting it on a release list....

If I wrote "MGS4 for Xbox360" on my shopping list,
    would people assume there is going to be one ?

11. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Try it :) I'm pretty sure some people would though.

12. MagNetCZ

MagNetCZ Member

It would be enough it apex designs ported Payback for the DS. They've managed to achieve an almost unbelievable GTA experience on the GBA, but still the GBA wasn't powerful enough to run it smooth and all. But if they could do such things with the GBA which has no 3D hardware acceleration then I'm almost sure they would be able to do a noteworthy payback for the DS.

13. rounds25

rounds25 Well-Known Member

I seriously don't see why they couldn't do it. I think it could be easy to do it with the birds eye view, and besides, the first GTA games were great. Now if they did, I couldn't wait to hear what ol' Captain Jack Thompson would have to say.

I'm gonna "leak" this to IGN. They get viewers.

14. anandjones

Looks like there is a GTA game coming to the DS, confirmed by E3, http://ds.qj.net/E3-2008-new-third-party-DS-games-revealed-by-Nintendo-GTA-DS-Pokemon-Ranger-more/pg/49/aid/122189

15. airsoft1117

airsoft1117 Well-Known Member

The future looks bright ;D

16. kanwarrulz_123

Personally I never loved the birds'eye view. Still let's what the game stats.

17. Peter Clark

Peter Clark Active Member

I think the NDS can pull it. If the GBA pulled a GTA with birds' eye view, then the NDS much probably will be able to use the free roam view. However, I don't expect to find any futuristic graphics, but I expect a good GTA.

18. anandjones

Hopefully OpenGL 3D graphics will be used, similar to Final Fantasy III. However a 2D GTA wouldn't bother me at all either. Vincent, you really need to play the oldies.

19. Peter Clark

Peter Clark Active Member

And like Dragon Quest 4. I found an Action Replay code that let me play the Japanese version in English; however the translation is somewhat bad, and the Prologue isn't translated. However, my point is, the game is amazing for what I saw, complete 3d graphics almost all the time, and the screen can be rotated using the L and R buttons. Really nice.

If Square Enix pulled that out with that game, I don't see why wouldn't Rockstar do it.

20. kanwarrulz_123

Honestly, I never played any of the GTAs either on PSX or on GBA, I just did'nt love the style but after I played GTA III ...I started hating the bird's eye even more. Expect the bird's eye view in RPGs which were on the SNES....I don't like in any other game.