1. This forum is in read-only mode.

gta chinatown wars wifi not working same for other games to

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by sgtpyro, Jul 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sgtpyro

sgtpyro Member

I'm have the r4sdhc with a 4 gig Kingston. the gta china town wars I have is from the gta post with wifi fixed version but it still wont work. The rest of the game works fine thanks for the help. :)

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Unfortunately the fix is not the same for every flashcart.

The arm7.bin fix for the save issue also screws up the wi-fi of the game, and you just have to try different arm7 files from different games until you find one that works for your card.

Also make sure your card is up to date with it's firmware. Check out www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds

3. sgtpyro

sgtpyro Member

I don't know how to use arm7 and will my save go away?

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I don't believe it will, just create a backup of your ROM and SAVE file before doing anything.

I believe there is an explanation of arm7 patching in the Common Issues thread.

Also, to arm7 patch a file, you will want to download the clean ROM from romulation and use that, not the already patched game you downloaded already.

5. sgtpyro

sgtpyro Member

i did all my downloads form Holland and its legal there. Not sure if i want to download here in the U.S.A what are the risks or are there any.

6. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

It's fine. ARM7 patching is covered of course https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1462.0

I remember a few people saying that using the ARM files from Bomberman 2, works with wifi for this game.

7. sgtpyro

sgtpyro Member

I'm sorry i am a noob how do you use dsbuff

8. anandjones

You can use DSLazy. It's fairly easy, load the ROM, unpack it, grab the ARM7 file, unpack the GTA ROM, overwrite the ARM7 file with the one you have, repack and rebuild into a ROM.

9. sgtpyro

sgtpyro Member

is the ARM7 file in DSLazey or do i get it from some other place

10. anandjones

It's in the ROM.

11. sgtpyro

sgtpyro Member

I'm confused. I am at the 1st unpacked part what do I now. I see ARM7 and ARM9

12. anandjones

Copy the ARM7.bin file somewhere, unpack the GTA ROM, overwrite the file with this one, and rebuild.

13. Girate

Girate Guest

I have a 2 gig kinston. ALl the wifi works with mine its prob the router settings.

14. anandjones

Generally, patching interferes with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.