1. This forum is in read-only mode.

GTA Chinatown Wars don't work - R4i SDHC

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by kubikill, Jun 20, 2013.

1. kubikill

kubikill Member

Hello,
    Several days ago GTA Chinatown Wars stopped working for me on R4i SDHC, but when I played it for first times, it worked perfectly. After some time game started freezing in random spots of the game. For now trying to run this game ends with startup freeze - top screen is black, and bottom screen is white. Disabling soft-reset and DMA didn't work, the same with activating BackUP Activator/Game Fix Code cheat.

Flashcard: R4i SDHC
    Kernel: 1.69b

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Please remove rom link. Not allow to provide links to other rom sites.

Try deleting the existing save file in SD Micro, and consider using YSMENU/TTMENU as secondary firmware on top of your R4i's main firmware. See : http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=43121.0

3. kubikill

kubikill Member

Oh, sorry. Rom link is deleted.

I'll try to run the game with YSMENU.

4. Prectorian

It's ok. Do back up your SD Micro content before proceeding so that if you make mistake you still can revert to the original files. Make sure to read instruction provided by RetroGameFan in his YSMENU/TTMENU Multicart package. Good luck.

5. kubikill

kubikill Member

Seems like I f***ed something... YSMENU don't want to run ANY game.
    Well, let's try deleting the save...

6. Prectorian

Make sure to read the readme files provided by RetroGameFan. You'd use the files in the folder as he indicated in the document, and do as he instruct.