1. This forum is in read-only mode.

GREAT NEWS!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Amelia Leeming, Aug 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amelia Leeming

Amelia Leeming Well-Known Member

;D :D :) ;) 8) :p EVERYBODY GREAT NEWS, MY R4'S WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All I did was take the 4 files out of my English firmware file and put them in the root of my card and now its working all I need to do now is download some GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

2. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

Glad you got it working :)

-Wrong section though. Make an Introduction and put it there :) .

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Congratulations-I think you hold the record for taking the longest to help XD

...you might as well try to fit in with thr rest of us-we all know who you are around here lol!

4. Amelia Leeming

If I had just done that in the first place it would of worked!!!!!
    Anyway I can now help other people with the same prob! I justed downloaded drawn to life and it works, I think this is the happiest day of my life so far!

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Then you lived less than a life than me-mine was driving a car on my own-FREEDOM!

...now I can drive to mod chip places XD

6. Amelia Leeming

Celebration over I'm afraid I've downloaded one game, Drawn to life, but when I tried to download another game and tried to move it to my games file but it said error and came up with three different errors which were really complicated, I'll look tomorrow and see what it says and copy it then paste it then post it but do you have any suggestions for now? Don't worry if you don't as it is 9:18 p.m! If you don't I'll sort it out tomorrow, bye!!!

7. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

We need more information yes.

8. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

That's as vague as "I accidentally my download".

9. Amelia Leeming

Sorry I'll download it later and tell you.

Hi everyone, it doesn't come up with error now which is good, but when I download a game it downloads just as a nds file which is what normally happens but I dont now how to get a save file as well. I need to get this done by 4:00 p.m as my friend is coming over then.

10. Amelia Leeming

Hi everyone, it doesn't come up with error now which is good, but when I download a game it downloads just as a nds file which is what normally happens but I dont now how to get a save file as well. I need to get this done by 4:00 p.m as my friend is coming over then. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

11. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

What game are you trying?

It should auto save.

Just use the ingame save file-if it's not saving then it's something I'm not sure about.

12. Amelia Leeming

It does it with all games apart from the first game which I managed to make an nds file and a save file

13. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

When you first run the game, it should ask if you want to make a save file. Do you have enough space on your microSD card? They're 512KB each.

14. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

And if your game fails to create the save file properly, then it's likely a compatibility issues with your card. Take a look in the Common Issues thread https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1462.0 under Save Issues, and Arm7 patching.

15. tehuber1337

Since it creates the save file before loading the rom, compatibility shouldn't be an issue. If it creates the save file but doesn't save, then you may have some compatibility problems.

16. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Well, it's hard to tell exactly what is going on since all he/she says is "They don't work, they gave me errors, now they don't give me errors, how do I get save files".

It doesn't really tell us much, could be that the game didn't load and just said "Cannot locate save file" or one of the other generic save file failure errors and the user just assumes that means they need to download a save file.

17. tehuber1337

I guess so. I just made the literal interpretation.

18. Amelia Leeming

It hasen't done that so far, which is good!

It's fine now because it created the SAVE files, but just one tiny prob. On Mario Party 2 it downloads as a Z64 file how do I change it to a NDS file?

Don't worry everyone I know now that you are only meant to download the NDS ones

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.