1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Gran Turismo 3 PS2 download

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by thisisanaccount, Oct 11, 2010.

1. So, I got GT3 going on my computer, but the operation was slow and unstable. I want to know if anyone can find me a quicker working GT3 ISO. One part downloads only please.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

The problem is not the ISO, it is much more likely to be your Emulator, Setup, and/or Computer.

So let's go through the basic's first.

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=1736.0

3. But what's wrong with PCSX2 0.9.7? I got the game running, but I just don't like the slooooooow operation.

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

You need a faster pentium processor, VGA, and lots of free RAM to get it to optimum speed. Replace with parts specific for gaming. Its several times more expensive to replace those parts than buying a PS2 console. Nothing to do with the ISO copy you got. It also got nothing to do with the emulator you got, emulators are like software. The problem is with your hardware as in the parts inside your CPU that need upgrading.

Running PS2 games are around 2-3x faster than PSX games. Not to mention the amount of color rendering for it. PS2 consoles has really fast processor inside, the average computer spec on the market before self-upgrading lack the ability to emulate such speed. Unless you have the latest computer running the Intel V5, V6, or V7 processor, or at least a dual core or quad core. Try playing NDS roms on No$GBA or DeSmume, if its slow....don't even expect it to run PSX or PS2 games properly.

Short to say, its far cheaper to buy a PS2 console (+/- USD120) than upgrading your computer to a gaming spec. In my country a pre built-up gaming purpose CPU cost around USD600-USD900. Not yet include the other hardware such as gaming keyboard, LCD monitor, etc. A set could well be around USD1200-USD1500.

5. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Try playing the game on previous beta release, r1888.
    and turn the Speedhacks on.

6. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

I use this, its a bit faster but quite a few games don't start up.