1. This forum is in read-only mode.

gran turismo 2 not working...(different problem)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mds64, Apr 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...Since I had no cash, instead of fixing my faulty gt2 disc, I just got the iso instead XD

But because of my dodgy internet connection that cancels downloads after 5 mins and claims it's done when it's not, I used torrents...

Seemd good, large file size, not virus, acurate gt2 game...

Until I booted it-like my fav iso Armoured core it's in mdf/mds format-and I forgot which your meant to load up-doesn't matter-nethier load-both disc!

Using epsxe 1.7.0 and here is my config...

Graphics-pete's D3D driver 1.46

Sound (don't matter since the most I got was a red screen but just in case) Pete's MIDAS audio driver 1.7

CD rom-epsxe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.7.0

Bio's is 1001, when I booted the disc it mentioned it's ntsc format so I thought I'd go that...

And some track info showed like other iso's, track, xx:xx, etc seemed normal.

EDIT:I also added the disc number if that may help, it's coming up as

SLU__908.48 END EDIT

In the command prompt that also comes up, after it shows SPU open, nothing...and the screen shows black on these settings...

The disc I have (real one, well only arcade and then sim disc freezes but you get what I mean) works on these settings, but atm I turned of all the special options, which ones should I put back on, and is thier anywork arounds/things to check with the iso files to make sure they are right?

Thanks for your help

PS-sorry about me jumping all over the place giving people advice that may seem confusing-I got a big mouth and (sadly) not afraid to use it ::)

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

what graphics card does your computer have?

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

ati mobility HD 3430...

But this thing plays halo, ps2 games (lol) and has run grand turismo previosly (first, and arcade)-because my sim disc wasn't working I downloaded an iso...

Is it too late to assume I wasted a fortnight downloading a useless iso at 6kb a second?

Or should I burn this to a cd and then try it?

EDIT:yes laptops aren't meant for this stuff but hay it's has only let me down in emulating ps2 games (well, big ones like grand theft auto anyways)

4. Loonylion

I would try ePSXe 1.6.0, try the internal sound plugin (ePSXe SPU core) as that tends to be the most compatible. mount the image onto a virtual drive and use it that way.

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...virtual drive?

Is there a plugin for that, if so list-I'm still a noob at emulating even though I offer other's advice :(

6. Loonylion

a virtual CD drive using a program such as Alcohol 53% or daemon tools. you then configure the CD rom plugin to point to the drive letter of your virtual CD drive and use the 'run CD' option in ePSXe

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Okay, gave the sound plugin a change, used epsxe 1.6.0 a shot, and used mooby's cd disck image driver 2.8 a shot, no go, and tried the same thing in 1.7 as well...

Any more clues-the last thing I will try is to change the confige so 1.6, 1.7 and 12. have different plugins (not sure if that would help, seeing as sillent hill worked just before but need to try something).

But of course more suggestion needed.

....As I was about to post this I noticed something-I remembered the torrent I chose said PAL, and yet when it boots here it say's NTSC, could that have anything to do with it-I hope it's no bloody virus!

8. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I'd also recommend downloading the ePSXe Plugin Pack from the sticky in these forums.

You are using older versions of Pete's Plugins. Pete's D3D Driver 1.77 is available in that pack, along with many others.

Edit:
    SLUS means it's a North American (NTSC) disc. If it were the PAL it should be an SLES.

9. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...wow, outdated already?

Still though, this torrent has been mis-labeled, claiming pal when it say's ntsc, I guess I will be using other's pc's when I want a large file next time...

Could that explain anything-maybe a whole new bio's needed or something?

10. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

There are a lot of mislabelled region discs out there.

I downloaded Grandia II that was supposed to be NTSC but it was really the PAL version. (Luckily I found my Grandia II copy and ripped my own NTSC version). You could try finding a PAL bios if you believe it really is PAL.

11. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...I have got the auto detect function on, I just flicked it off and used 1001 (nstc-no go) and 7502 (pal-same effect)

Now I have to wait 30 mins for alchol 52% to download...is that what you meant loonylion because that's all google gave me-should work the same right it's still a free edition cd emulator (which I need for my iso...)

Strange though...this thing is more stubborn than me-I'll check back later it's 4am didn't realise how long I was here XD

12. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...couldn't sleep, tried alchol 52% and..it works :)

I don't get it-armoured core was the same format as this-mdf/mds-it neve needed to be mounted, none the less it went to the menu's and stuff!

Now for the big test-when I re-awaken I'm gonna play this thru-something in the command prompt said disc read error even though it went up to a menu-this is the test to determine if this iso is gonna work correctly.

Thank you guys-now I can do stuff I have only heard about with this thing!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.