1. This forum is in read-only mode.

GPU help with ePSXe 1.7 & Jade Cocoon

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Alzhander, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Alzhander

Alzhander Member

The game works fine and everything, but there is one little bug that I can't seem to fix myself, and I was hoping someone can help me. The health bars in battle extend longer than they should, usually 2-3 times the length they should be. I have tried different versions of ePSXe and a few different GPUs, but they all do the same thing.
    If anyone can inform me of a decent GPU and how to configure it, I will be very grateful.

Thanks in advance!

2. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

ePSXe 1.7.0 and use Pete's OpenGl2 Driver 2.9
    Set it to default "Nice" setting.

3. Alzhander

Alzhander Member

I keep getting errors with Pete's OpenGL2 2.9
    The errors are:
    Missing render-texture extension!
    &
    No pixel format available!
    And then ePSXe crashes.
    I thought maybe it got messed up when I downloaded it, so I got a fresh download of the plugin, but I still get the same errors.
    Maybe its my computer, I am trying to run it on an ACER Aspire One, 1.6 GHz Intel Atom processor, with 0.99 GB RAM. Video card is whatever comes standard in the machine.

4. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Maybe your VGA doesn't support OpenGl.
    If I remember correctly, use Pete's OpenGl for Nvidia Card, Pete's Direct3D for ATI card and Use Pete's Soft Driver for anything other than those two.

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Atom processors will not run emulators at all well. Especially not with intel graphics, because that just offloads the graphics work onto the already weak CPU.