1. This forum is in read-only mode.

got some questions about 3DS games

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Neon32, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

i have got some questions about 3DS games :

1.i know we can dump NDS roms with WiFi (wood dumper), but how do we dump 3DS roms ?
    2.if any emulator comes up then will the game format be the present format in which we can see the dumped roms ?
    3.so is it good if i start collecting(downloading) these roms ?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

2 and 3 are unknowns.

3. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

1. the dumping groups created a custom program and hardware to dump the cart's image (no it's not yet shared publicly as far as I know)
    2. we can't foresee what hasn't been known at present, we don't even know if the already dumped rom are actually good dump or under-dumped
    3. depends, if you got lots of space and think you should start, go ahead, else....what for? Either way, you can't play it yet.

4. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

for the NDS which came first the flashcart or Emulator ?

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

in terms of playable games, the flashcart. Emulators take years of continuous development to reach a widely playable state, with a flashcart once it works the job is mostly done.

6. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

so flashcarts were released before no$gba or desmume ?

7. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Not necessarily.

What Loonylion means, is when a flashcard is released, it'll pretty much work first time round.
    With emulators, it takes years of development and work to get it at a stage when it can run any ROM without error.

So sometimes emulators come first, sometime flashcards/mods.

For example, if I release an emulator for 3DS today, it'll most likely only be able to one or two games, with errors.
    If someone releases a flashcard tomorrow, it'll be able to play most ROMs, with only a couple of errors.

So in terms of playable games, the flashcard won. But I released my emulator before it.

That clear that up?

8. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

thanks guys :)

9. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

No problem.
    Hoped we cleared everything up.