1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Got SCDS2 card but have no idea how to set it up.

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by paperboat, Jan 21, 2011.

1. paperboat

paperboat Well-Known Member

Hi

Bought the SCDS2, but having trouble setting it up, and the manual doesn't help at all.
    I downloaded the_dstwo file and put the whole file on the root of the micro card, unzipped.
    I transferred my roms over but didnt know where to put them, so made a file, named it 'games' and put it on the root of micro card too. I can play the games, but it doesn't seem like I'm doing things right...
    When I load up my ds, it says I have 'fish tycoon' game in??? when loaded it goes to the SCDS2 menu. But it doesnt look like it should. I have none of the features, only the file named 'DS_GAME' shows up. Do I have to download separate plug-ins??? and copy those to the root of the card??
    And what do i do with the patch updates?

Sorry to be asking a lot, but had an edge card before I got this one which was pretty simple so this look very confusing!
    Thanks.

2. Devilkid32176

Devilkid32176 Well-Known Member

ok the root files you should have when you unzipped the folder is like this:

_dstwo
    _dstwoplug
    games

3. paperboat

What's _dstwoplug??

4. Devilkid32176

Devilkid32176 Well-Known Member

the fish tycoon icon is to fool the system in thinking that is an official game, you don't have to worry about that

and let me hook mine up to see the root files of mine, here is my setup for Supercard dstwo
    its like how i explained it, that is the plugin folder that should be in the files you get from the super card site:

http://eng.supercard.sc/manual/dstwo/download.htm

first click on where it says download, when the file gets done, you should have a file like this:

DSTWO_package_eng_20100928.zip

unzip that file and the files should look like this:
    _dstwo
    _dstwoplug
    iReader
    moonshl2
    NDSGBA
    readme_eng.txt

I'm uploading a picture for this to better to be explained, but this is what you copy to your micro sd card, as for the patches, you put those in the _dstwo folder and you want it to copy over the file already in there, then all you have to do is put your games on it

also you do not have to copy the readme file with the files you downloaded, that is for your stuff only

ok, here is the picture i promised, this is what the file looks like when you unzip it from the DSTwo site:

WARNING THIS IS A BIG PICTURE
    [​IMG]

5. paperboat

Thank you so much for helping :)
    I made a stupid mistake and only downloaded the firmware not the package =_="
    That's a strange game to pick...why fish tycoon?? Haha
    Anyway, thanks again. I started to get worried and thought I was sold some replica.