1. This forum is in read-only mode.

got DC rom but no PS2/XBOX/GC? i suggest adding them...

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by demonluo, Jul 8, 2009.

1. demonluo

demonluo Member

::) i suggest adding PS2/XBOX/GC rom...

:-\ btw, i saw the admin post on the other topic that said ps2 & gc might be added but when(next month/year/never due to financial problem)?

??? & what about xbox?

;) this is not a request, just suggestion + question...

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

GC will be added when time allows. We have no plans to host PS2 or xbox ISOs at this stage due to the filesizes involved.

3. demonluo

demonluo Member

:) at least GC is been planned although i prefer PS2 & XBOX...

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

There are always bittorrent sites. They'll have all the PS2 and XBOX games you'll ever want :)

5. demonluo

demonluo Member

:p i got many top branded bittorrent sites bookmarked (i can get as many as i want) but this site is different, it doesn't depend on user upload, seed, peer, leecher, swarm plus no virus & indexed properly(although u still need points)...

6. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

I doubt GC will be added anytime soon though since there are many complications if you're running a softmod. Most people have softmodded Wiis, not chipped GCs, or the more rare "memory card method". Plus, having to have both the NTSC and PAL versions might be a pain in the ass for 1.35 GB apiece. You could trim them, but not all work trimmed, not all work multibooted, and Seph would have to have the nontrimmed ones, which doesn't benefit him at all.

The region thing is further a problem for when a game only works for one region. You'll have to do the dirty work on making it regionfree or change the region.

7. demonluo

demonluo Member

:D then just support ntsc(usa) will do, they can use 7 zip(which is better then winrar) w highest compression rate to compress the 1.35GB iso file into half & there r GC emulator out the for pc so the region thing should not be the concern unless ur pc not powerful enough to emulate or u just want to play it on a real console w region lock...

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...the site cost alot to run man, getting gamecube games is hard enough-same with psp games as well...

If you look hard enough, you can find sites that use megaupload to download ps2-xbox games (but in part files-but meh).

I can't wait for the gamecube...but burning them is hard enough, since the disc read backwards, which is why I'm not bugging these guys about it-unless there was an option for my laptop to burn, I'm in no hurry...

And even with highest compression, it's ALOT of effort to get all the ps2 games here, let alone xbox ones...

One game posted in the "trade station" by a user was a good example of what you want, capcom vs xmen 2, a 1GB file compressed to 128MB...

But is there enough user demand?

Is it gonna save cost?

While your idea is plasable since I got that game (the user hasn't been active...but good upload) I still think it's alot of effort to get ps2 and xbox games...

Besides-a 4gb game is only gonna be what, 1gb-which is still insanly high-sure metal gear solid is about that, but that is 2 disc...and one of the best games ever...

One method to get those games happening, to which alot of people may hate/disagree is

-Have all members pay-thus covering server cost

-Allow all mods power to "put" game sinto the downloads-I only know that Seph has that power-he is THE admin of the whole site, none of the rest to my knowledge have that power...

Also, the region you chose, some may not like, and anyways eventually people WILL want all regions since some have better features/exclusive games...

Short answer-grab a ticket and wait in line with me mate-my name was mds until i grabed a ticket :(

(Until it happens, check the user uploads (trading station), or make a request (request section), see if you get lucky, you never know...worth a shot until the games you want get posted)

9. Loonylion

That is exceptional compression. You will not usually see anything near that good. it depends heavily on the algorithms used, the types of data in the game and how much of said types of data there are. For example, text compresses extremely well, video does not. Additionally, large chunks of repeated data further boost the compression.

unlikely. 2GB possibly, 3GB more likely. Some games may only lose 10-50MB. Generally off a 4GB file I'd expect up to 500MB to be saved.

Won't happen, that would mean we were charging for roms, which is almost guaranteed to get the attention we don't want. They would cost thousands of points under our current system though.

I can add games.

10. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I know you guys won't charge-no to gloat but I can't pay and thus apposed to my own idea :)

And I had no idea you can add games-but then again your almsot (or are) the second in charge...

Once again loony you have expanded my knowledge of romulation-thanks :)

11. insanecrazy07

Can we make a sticky or put this in the forum rules of no asking to put (insert system here) ISOs onto the site?

This is like the 5th one we've all come across all asking the same thing.
    Can RomU have Wii games?
    Can RomU have GC games?
    Can RomU have PS2 games?
    Can RomU have Xbox games?

RomU's main thing is NDS roms, not so much anything else, although the selection on other stuff is pretty amazing too.

12. Loonylion

NDS is not our main thing at all.

13. insanecrazy07

rrrrreaaaaaallllyyyy now...

I'm only on here for NDS stuff, and it's always the NDS stuff that gets updated...so I figured the staple would be NDS stuff.

14. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

It only seems that NDS is the main thing because NDS games are still coming out and out of all the systems still making games, NDS is pretty much the only one that Romulation hosts. (360, PS3, Wii, PSP, etc. are all not handled by romulation).

But the other systems hosted are HUGE databases, including nearly every North American PSX game (but one or two are missing). And the GBA database is pretty close to being complete.