1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Google+?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gettajob0007, Jul 22, 2011.

1. gettajob0007

gettajob0007 Well-Known Member

What's the deal with google+? My friends who have it says it's cool and it rapes facebook. Is there anything specific about it that makes it so cool. (I wasn't sure what section to post this in so I posted it here)

2. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

Just Google it or visit the site. It has some different features going for it.

3. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

Circles. They allow you to separate people.

So if you post, "I LIKE COCKS" only your friends will see it and not your parents. You also don't have to worry about stupid apps or ads.

plus it's google, not zuckerberg.

4. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Google is epic

5. you have to be invited to use it, i can send you one if you would like. & yeah it is better than facebook, but it takes a couple seconds to get adjusted to it after switching from facebook. Currently Facebook is still my #1 but only until i get all my friends to switch lol, otherwise whats the point right?

6. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Imagne: Google and Facebook becoming one...

7. Weedmor:*mind gets blown* "Whoa"

8. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

Most of my friends still believe that they are happy about facebook and would not like to enter another social networking site and that's pretty much I do think as well. Although Google + sure has some great privacy options and it keeps the crappy stuff out. It still has a lot of catching up to do (by a lot i mean A LOTTT!! :p )... So, right now facebook is pretty much the thing.. :) but in a not so far future I pretty much see google +..

9. lewis9191

If anyone wants an invite. Just Ask

10. Yutrzenika

Yutrzenika Well-Known Member

Another difference between Facebook and Google+ is that Google+ won't steal your stuff. If you read the fine print on Facebook, it clearly states that anything you post on facebook, whether it be pictures, or updates on your "Wall" is facebook property, meaning whatever you put up on Facebook is theirs, not yours. Put up a sexy photo of yourself? Mark can take it and use it however he wants, and you can't do shit about it.
    Another good thing about Google+ is it has stronger security. Mark Zuckerberg clearly stated that security on facebook is an afterthough, user confidentiality does not come first on Facebook.
    More fun facts here.

11. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

actually from what I've seen, google+ has even less regard for privacy than facebook (and zuckerberg is on record as saying he thinks privacy is an outdated concept that should be abandoned). Google+ demands that you use your real name.

12. Yutrzenika

Yutrzenika Well-Known Member

I honestly don't see how that's a big deal. If you're going to sign up for a social networking site, then you should actually use your real name.

13. Loonylion

maybe, but theres a difference between choosing to use your real name and being required to.

14. how would google know the difference? try using a fake name i bet money it works just the same

15. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

there is no way google can tell if you are using a fake name, unless it have a means of verifying that your name is indeed your real name.

16. Loonylion

If they want to enforce it there are ways of finding out.

17. will1008

will1008 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind getting a chance to try it out early but I'm still apprehensive about what it is exactly. No amount of information told me exactly what separates it from Facebook other than 'Circles' and liking cocks.

18. lewis9191

This is actually to stop people creating business's from it and then have free advertisement.

19. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

like everyone did with facebook.

20. alexong96

alexong96 Well-Known Member

I don't actually see how Google+'s creation would stop people from advertising and creating businesses in Facebook. Unless you mean when people move from Facebook to Google+. Even if they do move, it wouldn't stop them from creating business in Google+, amirite?