1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Good roms

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by santaboy123, Mar 17, 2009.

1. santaboy123

santaboy123 Member

Hey. You guys know any good roms for ds or gba? Im all out of ideas. P.s. dont tell me mario 64, ds or new super mario.

2. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

What kind of games are you into. I recommend giving the new GTA chinatown Wars game on DS it's great.
    Also games like Pokemon, Digimon, Sonic, Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy there all my favourites.

3. BerserkChip

BerserkChip Active Member

Depends on what you mean by good roms. You could mean good rom as in a game that is fun to play, or, you could mean a good rom as in a rom that plays well and there are few to no glitches.

Either way, Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow for the DS is pretty fun and it plays well with few glitches or slowdowns.

4. sexywogboy

You know Castlevania is maybe one of the most well known and highly rated games, would you believe me if I told you I have never played any castlevania game before. To me it's quite weird considering I like anime, Vaaammmppirresss and the genre. ???

5. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

You should check the sticky thread with the loads of pages of good games recommendations.

6. santaboy123

santaboy123 Member

k, ty. By good roms i mean fun to play. One that doesnt rlly slow down cause my computer is ancient. And no shooters.
    Ty again for the posts.

7. Barathrum

Barathrum Well-Known Member

get the FF's and Dragon Quests, you won't regret it xDD

8. zangief

zangief Well-Known Member

do NOT get TWEWY, Bangai-O, or any games like them because as you said, your computer is tad slow and those games rely on fast reflexes.

stick to turn-based games like Fire Emblem, Advance Wars, Final Fantasy III, IV or Tactics A2, and other games that do not require fast thinking or those who doesn't have a time limit at all.

Oh yeah, ACE ATTORNEY!!!

9. sexywogboy

Ace Attorney, is an awesome game, I remember when i first started playing the game I couldn't stop.

10. Sonica

Sonica Well-Known Member

If you're into it, you should try Sting's Dept. Heaven games, Riviera: The Promised Land and Yggdra Union: We're Not Alone (?).

Riviera is a turn-based strategy RPG with dating sims elements, meaning you can get an ending with all the girls. There are some sequence where you have to, or optionally choose to, press buttons on queue, but otherwise, shouldn't be too taxing.

Yggdra Union is an strategy game with RPG elements (levelling up), similiar gameplay to Fire Emblem/Advance War, except both side battle using cards. Generally speaking, no button-smashing.

11. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Yggdra Union: You'll Never Fight Alone if I remember correctly

12. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

lol EXACTLY
    Best RPGS ever :p lol
    also get Pokemon Platinum (or if oyu want Diamond/Pearl) and Digimon, etc. :p lol I am an RPG Fanatic

13. sla03rs

sla03rs Well-Known Member

GTA China Wars
    Pokemon Platinum
    Valkyrie Profile
    Suikoden

So much stuff came out for the DS i'm currently backlogged

all of the RPG genre but heck the DS hasn't been getting much plug and play fun games such as mario kart, elite beat agents, trauma center, cooking mama, JUMP!Ultimate Stars etc for the longest time

14. Datanotfound

Datanotfound Well-Known Member

If you like turn based RPGs, I suggest the Golden Sun series on the GBA. One of my all time favorites, in fact all this nostalgia is going to make me play them again =/

15. sexywogboy

I'm with you on that, I can't choose which game to play anymore, one minute I was bored with no games to play, now I have DQ V, Pokemon Platinum and GTA.

16. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

lol exactly.. February - March really has some great games for DS... Lets just hope C.O.R.E gets added to that :p

17. Sonica

Sonica Well-Known Member

That's right, thanks. Been a while since I play it, since it's quite challenging and hard, especially when managing your cards and keeping your units alive.