1. This forum is in read-only mode.

good recent dubbed anime

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by jasonT929, Aug 6, 2009.

1. jasonT929

jasonT929 Active Member

hey just wondering if any one knows of any newish (like anything from the last 2-3 year old) good dubbed anime i recently saw claymore and was quite impressed with both the animation and story

2. s_quizno

s_quizno Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, I don't have anything to recommend to you that's as new, for I haven't watched dubbed anime in a long time. Basically, I'm just curious to see how many people watch the english dubs.

Oh, I just remembered an ad I saw - CLANNAD is supposedly out on DVD in N. America! If you're alright with romance + moe, I suggest that you give this one a shot.
    Also, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (I believe "When They Cry" in english?) is out on DVD. I warn you, the animation quality is not the greatest, however, assuming not much is cut out, the story and "action" more than compensates for it.
    *This is all based on the on-line ads I noticed a few months ago

3. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

Air gear is good. Dubbed anime are shit cos of the voice acting. I recommend watching it subbed.

4. KiraSTRiKE

KiraSTRiKE Well-Known Member

I tend to watch anime subbed, but when i first watched Fullmetal Alchemist awhile ago,
    I really enjoyed the dubbed version.

Though the English version ran from November 6, 2004 to March 18, 2006.

Very worthy english dubbed anime, imo.

5. CrashmanX

CrashmanX Well-Known Member

Eureka 7, Big O, .//Hack Sign, erm, all kinds of stuff is OK dubbed but you wont get the same quality unless its subbed. DO NOT WATCH TTGL DUBBED

TTGL = Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

6. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

Um why?
    Is the dub really that bad,or is the original voice far superior?

7. CrashmanX

CrashmanX Well-Known Member

Both, the original Voice Acting is awesome and the Dub is just terrible. They change A LOT of stuff.

8. blaza89

blaza89 Well-Known Member

hmm sounds like the samething yugioh 5ds went through with 4kids i feel im watching a imitation when i watch

9. Dueler

Dueler Member

Does Trinity Blood count as new? That as far as i could tell had passable english voice acting.
    Im not really on top of alot of new anime :\ its all about prissy school children who gain powers or lovable monsters fighting hatable ones these days. Oh and cant forget the MECHA fad. WHEN WILL IT DIE ITS ALL THE GOD DAMN SAME!!!!!