1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Good gba cart

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by archlvt, Jul 12, 2010.

1. archlvt

archlvt Well-Known Member

Okay, I want to play gba games now, and I need someone to recommend something good and cheap. I already have an acekard, so I don't want to buy yet another ds cart just for gba compatibility. Isn't there a gba cart that was built for the nds? The one that was made to look like the slot 2 cover. Shoptemp didn't seem to have it.

I'm looking to spend $10 or less.

2. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

i doubt there is one for $10, but for $25 you can get an ez flash 3in1....

3. archlvt

Yeah no, I'm not paying more for a gba cart than I did for an acekard and a 4gb sd card together. lol.

This is getting really annoying. I can't find a copy of ff6 advance anywhere. It's more rare than the snes version, which is stupid because the whole point of porting it was to make it more accessible.

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

You're not going to spend just $10 on a slot-2 card. :p
    You're going to have to spend between $20 to $30 if you want one.

The EZ Flash 3-in-1 is probably the best for the DS Lite - http://shoptemp.com/products/EZ-3-in-1-Extension-Kit-for-Nintendo-DS-Lite-p-40.html

There is also a Phat version sold here - http://realhotstuff.com/

5. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

6. archlvt

Thanks, but don't worry about it. I thought they would have been quarters-under-my-couch-cushions kind of cheap.

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Can't be helped when it's popular/outdated now that the ds is in :p

Tried ebay?

Look, finding one of the older gba flash carts is hard, the only realistic option is this...

And personally, if you have more than 50 gba games you want to play like I did, the money is worth it, still works out cheaper than buying the actual game carts...if you could I'd search around pawn shops or second hand game shops that MIGHT sell, check online on websites (like gamestop) and see your local store if a store listing has a copy...get them to send it...and bingo.

That's what I did for a copy of super metroid...and it...broke...stupid save battery died.

...opps I rambled, but anyways the best option is the $25 ezy 3 in one flash cart (or check other known online shops and compare as long as it's a trusted site-but remember...this still saves money in the long run when buying real carts)

8. archlvt

I don't have the money to be blowing $30 on a gba cart.

FF6 advance is like $80 on ebay, you can get it cheaper for snes now, which is insane. I'm mad now, because I used to see it on the shelves in so many stores every day and I always KINDA wanted to pick it up but never bothered cause I have the snes cart.

I guess that's it. I just can't have ff6 on my ds.

BTW the gba carts everyone is recommending...there's a LOT of bad reviews on those, I don't think I'd buy it even if I had the money. Those things seem to have real problems.

9. manaseater

manaseater Well-Known Member

the problems that people have are due to stupidity and not following directions.
    If it isnt click and play people give up. It copies from your micro sd in you slot one card to the 3in1 and then loads it, and people dont get that...

if you take a few minutes to learn how it works and what to do you wont have any trouble.

10. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Exactly this. People are too rush in and if it doesn't work, they get pissed...
    I never gave up on Wii modding and it's payed off tremendously to learn about that much stuff. :)

11. archlvt

Regardless, I would never play anything besides ff6 advance, and only for one playthrough. Kinda not worth it.

12. manaseater

You already own the snes version (broken or not)- Play it on an emulator if you must-

the DS has a snes emu as well, dont forget that part-

13. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Well, then you're just looking at using VBA. That's the only other way you can play it.
    Emulate it on your PC - http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=6326.0

I highly doubt the DS SNES emulator will run it.

14. archlvt

I already have it on an emulator, I just want to be able to play it on my ds instead.

It doesn't work on the snes emulator. Not many snes games do work. The only one I've got that works worth a damn is zelda link to the past. I was hoping secret of mana would work. I can overlook the graphical problems but the screeching sounds in the music and the random freezes make it unplayable.

15. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Well, an emulator on your PC is the only way to go with this one.

Unless you wanna drop money on a flashcart, you're not going to be playing it on your DS.

16. manaseater

QFT.

17. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

If you don't wanna spend $25, no game on your DS.

If you don't wanna spend $25 and 10 seconds waiting for a download, no game on your DS nor your PC.

You have two choices:
    - Spend $25 on an EZ Flash 3 in 1,
    - Wait 10 seconds for a download.

18. archlvt

I ALREADY HAVE IT DOWNLOADED. Jesus. I've had it for years, but I wanted it on DS instead of on the pc.

I already know I won't be playing it, I knew that when I saw the price tag of the flash cart. Why is everyone being so rude and talking down to me like I don't already know all of this? I'm not looking for a solution, I was looking for the cheapest cart. If the cheapest cart is higher than I'm willing to pay, then logic dictates that I won't be playing it on my DS.

It's not a matter of being lazy or cheap. It's a matter of it NOT BEING WORTH IT to buy it. 1 gba game is only has $5-10 worth of gameplay imo, regardless of the $80 pricetag on it due to rarity.

I had my answer the second someone posted the first link. I don't know why this chat is continuing, especially since people keep telling me information that I already know, in some cases in a rude way.

Close topic please.

19. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

People are adding things because it is human nature to state your own opinion in a matter.

I didn't realize people were rude until you pointed it out and I re-read half of the posts. :p
    I've gotten worse posts before, so cool your jets.

20. Yohko86

Yohko86 Member

I think you should check out this post here (since I really don't know a lot of info on GBA flashcarts and don't know which ones are the best): http://fileforums.com/showthread.php?p=358103