1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Good DS game to play in short amounts.

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by kostya, Jan 15, 2011.

1. kostya

kostya Member

I find myself having these periods of 5 minutes or so that I want to play a bit of a game. I want one I can play for that long or a bit longer and still make some meaningful progress (beat a level or a puzzle or a room or whatever else and then save).

I tend to gravitate towards RPGs and adventure games in my gaming habits, but those are obviously not made for short sessions. Any genre as long as the game is fun.

2. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Tetris, Warioware, Space Invaders Extreme. Thing is, these games CAN be played in short bursts, but they're just so good it'll make you play for much longer.

3. kostya

kostya Member

I will have to check out the other two, but I played Tetris DS, and I found it to be pretty pointless. I guess you can play it to get better, but for the most part, the game is only any real fun in multi-player.

4. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Any game with a low-amount of story and the ability to save anywhere should work.

Phoenix Wright would be really good. You can press start and quicksave at any point in the game, even during dialogue.

Also good candidates would be games that play mainly for score and not to get to an ultimate goal, such as Yoshi Touch and Go, Arkanoid DS, Tetris DS, Warioware (though it does have an ultimate goal, it's not necessary unless you want all of the little minigames/toys), etc.

I'd like to say Kirby's Canvas Curse is another you could try, but then again sometimes it takes forever to get through some levels.

I'd like to recommend these games, from personal experience:
    -Rooms: The Main Building
    -Yoshi: Touch & Go
    -Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective
    -WarioWare: Touched!
    -Jam with the Band
    -Utacchi!
    -Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing
    -Any Cooking Mama Game/Spinoff

5. will1008

will1008 Well-Known Member

XG-Blast is fun.

6. Singularity_UK

Singularity_UK Well-Known Member

N+
    Mario Kart

7. muddymaster

muddymaster Well-Known Member

Picross
    Picross 3D

8. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Prism the light away

9. kostya

kostya Member

Thanks for the suggestions. I have already beaten all of the Ace Attorney games and am at the 1 hour long puzzles in Picross. I will try out some of the games you guys are suggesting, but I really am looking for a game that does have some sort of a goal to it, just one that can be reached in small, discrete increments.

10. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Actually, it's Prism: Light the Way.