1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Good anti spyware programs?

Discussion in 'PC' started by Duncan Idaho, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

Hello, i am seeking some anti spyware programs to install on my PC since it's the last thing i need due that i already posss anti virus and anti malware programs along with a firewall so i think i should get one to patch the last big security hole i have.

2. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

ESET-NOD32
    The best antivirus available. Constantly been updated. Uses little computer resources and does a very thorough scan.

Kaspersky
    Can't say much about it since I've never used it. Still, seems pretty good.

3. Duncan Idaho

both mean replacing my current AV, Avast!

4. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Both are better than Avast!
    That been said, Avast! is pretty good. If you were using Norton or McAfee, I would tell you to get a new AV ASAP. But Avast! is usually pretty good.

If you're worried there's malware on your PC, just run MalwareBytes.

5. Duncan Idaho

I am not worried about malware, but of spyware, i'd rather have my PC secure on all flanks, avast unless it's the premium combo wont scan for anti spyware, i usually scan once a month my laptop and my desktop PC to make sure there is no malware in or viruses

6. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Both those are Anti-Virus programs :p

Malware, viruses and spyware are three totally different things albeit they all do horrid things on your computer.

The best (and as far as I can say, currently the only one) anti-malware program is Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

Good anti Spyware programs are Super AntiSpyware and/or Spybot Search and Destroy.

7. Duncan Idaho

i am running that, the free version, not the premium one, since i hate what licenses do (long story short, Vista got on one points refusing to acknowledge my License, my original license that came with my Laptop, i think it was stolen so i went and upped to 7)
    Search and Destroy is that the program that has a green detective with a magnfying glass? if it's that, eh i think i'll pass, last time i installed the program it made a disaster, for some reason it auto setted onto paranoid mode and wouldnt even let me connect, it blocked everything including itself.

super AS eh, i'll give it a go on my desktop PC, tomorrow (less valuable info there)

8. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Spybot S&D:

http://www.safer-networking.org/

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

spyware is a specific form of malware

10. Duncan Idaho

so why stuff liek malwarebytes doesnt covers spyware but only malware? if it's a specific malware type it makes sense for me it should be covered

11. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

malwarebytes does cover spyware.

12. Duncan Idaho

really? odd that the webpage only mentions malware and does not adds in said branch of harmfull software

13. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Maybe because Spyware is Malware? When you go to a supermarket they don't say "We sell fruits, vegetables, and apples". It's redundant.

14. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

:D

15. Duncan Idaho

yeah but the thing is that for some reason spyware is treated as something that is 100% different from malware, you could say it simply bugs me, and the supermarkets do have sections labelled for that ::)