1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Golden Sun Dark Dawn (U) Action Replay problem

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mabscottsville, Nov 30, 2010.

1. mabscottsville

mabscottsville New Member

when ever i try to use codes gsdd the screen turns white and stays like that (even when no codes are selected). i'm using a retail cart and the codes from gbatemp. can anybody tell me what to do to fix it

2. Devilkid32176

Devilkid32176 Well-Known Member

if a retail cart is doing that, then you need to get your moneuy back or get another cart since it sounds like its defective

3. mabscottsville

it only does it (white screen) with the action replay it works fine without it. i found out the ards needs a firmware update to use it on pokemon black/white and and i assume it also needs it for gsdd but when i follow the instructions from the codejunkies site the ards code manager says the update is not a firmware >_<

4. RyuDraconis

RyuDraconis New Member

I have the same problem. Legit copy of Golden Sun DS and a physical action replay ds card. When I try using it on golden sun: dark dawn however I launch the game with the proper codes and all I get is a blank white screen when it switches over to the game. The game itself is not defaulty nor is the AR, I have tested both and both work on other games. My AR is stuck on firmware 1.52, is this a firmware issue? The AR worked fine for my latest Harvest Moon game (legit copy as well) Any help would be great, thank you.

5. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

wait for update i wouldnt be surprised that nintendo included AAR (anti action replay) so it wouldnt work, i belive it was done for other games in the past

6. RyuDraconis

RyuDraconis New Member

AR has released firmware 1.71 for use with Pokemon white and black and such, but I can't upgrade to it. I follow the instructions on their website and it tells me "this is not a firmware file" from the code manager and the software update tells me their is no updates as well.

7. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

I'm starting to wonder if maybe there is just something wrong with the codes. They don't work on anything, no flash carts, no actual games with a real AR, pretty suspicious.

I'm thinking that whoever made those codes didn't really know what they were doing, and if they did, they screwed up royally.

8. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

You're welcome to try and make one, you know.

9. LuckyTrouble77

Never made AR codes in my life, don't support the use of them at all, not gonna learn it to help people cheat. :3

10. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

Heh. Figures.

11. LuckyTrouble77

Don't you wish that somebody who used AR codes normally had said what I said initially?

I've just found them to ruin the experience for me. They take away something that just doesn't come back.

12. mabscottsville

the codes aren't wrong, the problem is that the action replay ds needs a firmware update, they have one but it doesn't install on my ards, and money grinding ruins the "experience" for me, it sucks. i've always hated it, and ffxiii on the ps3 reduced what little tolerance i had for it to nil. so forgive me for not wanting to keep dieing in battle because i can't afford better equipment and items so i can stay alive

13. LuckyTrouble77

lulz @ not liking a basic part of every RPG. Part of grinding for levels as you move up is getting the money that you need. By the time you gain two or three levels where leveling is a little tough (ie: no longer substantial gains), you'll have enough money to hook yourself up at the next town. This holds true for every RPG ever that is worth playing. Most RPG's I've found that stray from this tend to be very sub-par in many aspects (like your horrible example of FF13).

Petty excuses of impatience are no reason to cheat. If you suck so horribly at the game that you can't keep up, you should probably just not play it.

14. tatsumakitee

tatsumakitee Well-Known Member

whats wrong with them? i know mine work properly except for the "0 encounter(press start for encounter)" which makes no monsters ever appear again. and my usrcheat for gsdd works too

15. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

... i must defend the OP you really seem to have enjoyed games were exp and cash is abundant, try getting on the nintendo hard territory of games like black sigil: blade of the exiled, again with baroque (oh god you want to murder the grinding system) try it again with FF I,II and III (from IV onwards the nintendo hardeness was lost but the exceptions is FFT) try hoshigame ruinning blue earth remix oh so freaking difficult to earn exp, what else is on my memory of nut craking titles? let see try the first alundra for psx getting cash there is difficult and equally difficult avoid you being killed.

there are games that will simply crack you open because even if you had all the time in the world, the game get such a ridiculous difficulty curb you wanna cry overall after 10+hours of farming for exp and a random mook kills you when you are heading back to town.