1. This forum is in read-only mode.

God Of War 2 on PCSX2 0.9.7.3113?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by iamtyler, Aug 22, 2010.

1. iamtyler

iamtyler Member

Alright what happens is i get through the first cutscene fine but when it trys to load the game the screen goes black and wont load. I try to play on 0.9.6 and i get past the first cutscene but when gameplay starts i either get extremely slow framerates or i get most of the textures a green color.
    What configurations make GOW2 work on PCSX2 0.9.7.3113 Beta?

What im currently running (according to DxDiag):
    Windows Home 7 (32 bit)
    Intel Core 2 Duo processor 2.93 (2 CPUs), ~2.1 GHz
    2gig of DDR3 (I believe) RAM
    a little under 3 gigs of page file
    DirectX 11
    NVidia GeForce 8600 GT
    1gig Approx. Total Memory

PCSX2 settings:
    All of the Emulation settings are default, except for window size

BIOS is USA 2.00

Graphics Plugin is GSDX SSE4
    in DirectX 10/11 Hardware mode
    No Interlacing
    Using PS2 Native Resolution

Audio plugin is SPU2-X r3117 1.4.0
    Interpolation is 1 - Linear
    Reverb Boost is at 1
    Module is XAudio 2
    Latency is at 150ms
    Synchronizing mode is TimeStretch with default settings
    Stereo output settings

IDK what else you would need to know..

Any help will be appreciated, and I may possibly love you forever ;D lol

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

If I were you, I would use either 0.9.6 or r1888, but use r1888 for more options in speed hacks.
    The 0.9.7 is still in progress and need a relatively good pc to run with, and has some bug, and crash issues.

Since you are having a slow framerates, try increase the speed a bit using the Speed Hacks option, switch to Use x2 Cycle Rate under the EE Sync hacks, enable all the EE Misc Hacks options, and set the VU Cycle Stealing to max or min(Optional).

As for the textures issue, enable the Texture Filtering, and make sure the Renderer is set to Hardware. Try to experiment with the Graphic settings if you still having the same problem.

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

The game may be on the compatibility list, but it's possible that the game JUST works.

Like gta san andreas, slow speeds because of what has to be processed, and the emulation isn't perfect, even with a decent rig.

This is why I'd stick to low processing games (2-d or weak 3-D) or as I done, got a chipped ps2.