1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Glassesless 3D on a PSP...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dracky w, Jul 20, 2010.

1. dracky w

dracky w Well-Known Member

I was thinking of a project to make 3d on a psp but i think some backstory is in order:
    i was waiting for a game to load and noticed when i held it close each eye had a perfect squere section of screen and after a bit of experimentaion i managed to get 3d(think frakenstien version) but i didnt have perfect images to work with.
    could someone with a 3d still camera take some pics for me to further test ,i want to eventualy use this for a game.
    i need the left eye and right eye in full colour and seperate.(but not more that 150dpi pls)
    Any contributors get their name in the project if it works
    Thanks

2. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

just wait and buy a 3DS --"

3. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

He said PSP. Learn to read.

4. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

1 word for sony then: THIEFS!!!

5. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Actually it's already happening as we type this. - http://www.qj.net/qjnet/psp/homebrewer-brings-3d-to-psp.html

6. dracky w

yes but that still uses glasses my idea doesnt need any

7. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

You'd need a 3D screen like on the 3DS though.

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I dont think so, any screen will display any data you send it, its how the data sent is manipulated that matters.

9. dracky w

You dont understand the tech behind 3d then, each eye views the same pic but at a slightly diffrent angle,3d glasses ristrict the picture to the right eye, which is what the glasses are for but with my idea each eye is getting is own picture without the need for glasses,it doesnt matter what screen you use and if the 3DS has proper stereo vision(the actual name for 3D)you will still need glasses but proberly the cross polarized ones they use for cinema and 3d TV's