1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Getting the cyclods evo

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chicoelnino, Dec 18, 2008.

1. chicoelnino

chicoelnino Member

I'm new to this whole area guys so please be kind ;D
    I'm in the process of downloading games to my computer so that when the card arrives I'll be able to pop them over and away I go.
    Is this process technically difficult?...as in getting them from the computer to the ds?

Regards.

p.s great site.

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

No, just connect your MicroSD, extract the ROMs that you download, and then just put em on with the firmware.

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

If I'm not mistaken, you will get an adapter for your MicroSD that is similar to a USB Jump Drive. This will let you connect it to your computer through a USB port.

4. anandjones

Most of them will come with a reader/adapter, yes. Although I'm sure the poster knows.

5. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Well, the poster was worried how he/she would connect to their PC. Just letting them know that it will be as easy as plugging in to the USB port :)

6. chicoelnino

chicoelnino Member

when i ordered the cyclods i opted for the firmware option as well, so I presume the latest version of this will come installed...or do I have to install in manually myself?

7. anandjones

I don't get what you mean with the "option". You need the firmware. Unless it's some sort of noob helping thing where they install the firmware for you, then the latest firmware will probably be installed. If not, just do it yourself. Easy.

8. chicoelnino

chicoelnino Member

cheers. will post here if i've any probs when I get it.

9. chicoelnino

chicoelnino Member

got cyclods this morning. Came with 4gb micro sd card(kingston), usb reader and the actual ds card. Do i have to install some firmware on it? there's nothing on the micro sd card as of now.?

10. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

then yes you have to install the firmware.

11. chicoelnino

chicoelnino Member

cool. on the cyclods download firmware page it has two firmware downloads....

Support and Downloads

CycloDS Evolution Downloads:

CycloDS Evolution Firmware v1.51
    CycloDS Evolution Reference Manual v1.4
    Evolution Tools v1.0 BETA2 (includes Cheat Code Editor)
    Moonshell v1.71 for CycloDS Evolution (Release 3)

For CycloDS Evolution skins, please see the skins area in the offical Team Cyclops forum.

CycloDS Mini/Micro Downloads:

NOTE: The following downloads are ONLY for CycloDS MiniSD/MicroSD and not for CycloDS Evolution! CycloDS Evolution does not require the use of a ROM patcher.

CycloDS Documentation
    CycloDS ROM Patcher v1.0 (for both MicroSD and MiniSD)
    Moonshell 1.6 for CycloDS (with DPGtools)
    CycloDS DLDI Device File

which one do I download?