1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Getting started

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by tblingayo, Jun 13, 2009.

1. tblingayo

tblingayo Member

Hi, i can seem to start this r4 sdhc gadget that I have bought. I read the tutorial but I can't unpack the kernel. tried 2 zip/rar prog but the message "Please insert the last disk of the Multi-Volume set and click ok to continue." keeps on popping up. :-[

2. forte_amirul

forte_amirul Well-Known Member

Try re-inserting it?

3. tblingayo

tblingayo Member

I reformated it, it seems that a deleted zip file is still mocking up. It's have un packed. but once i tried it on my nds no menu comes out

4. forte_amirul

What menu?Is it _DS_Menu_.dat?

5. tblingayo

tblingayo Member

thx 4 d time.
    i think yes. all i got is "?menu" after pressing r4 on the ds opening menu...

6. forte_amirul

7. tblingayo

tblingayo Member

thx ill try that again...

8. forte_amirul

Post your result after that.Try playing some game.

9. tblingayo

tblingayo Member

thx so much. i reformatted it an downloaded the right kernel from the manufacturer's website and not from the website recommended by "getting started tutorial" found here at romulation. It is good now.

i have new questions now. why some of the games seems to returns a "corrupted file" message upon extraction? like the Madagascar (Trashman).

and some extracted files don't appear on the r4 menu specifically "new horizon english course 1" from NEET. Does (J) means it is in japanese and cannot be viewed in english?

10. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Try backing up and reformat your MicroSD.

11. dewie68

dewie68 Active Member

(J) means that the game is From japan. There are other regions it can be from (U) is USA, (E) is europe, (I) is italy and so on so forth. Im sure you can find the meanings of all the letters somewhere. And also what do you mean from the last question about the extracted files?

12. anandjones

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1359.0

13. MistressSadako

MistressSadako New Member

I'm also having the same problem - I can't seem to download the right kernel :( I'm such a rubbish n00b, i don't really understand any of it. Could someone link me to the exact kernal to download? that other link further up the page has loads of stuff on it and its just too confusing (sorry for being rubbish!)

14. anandjones

Which flashcart? http://www.linfoxdomain.com/ds/ is a good site for firmware.

15. MistressSadako

MistressSadako New Member

Those words you just said - they make no sense to me. i don't know what firmware is, I don't know what anything remotely technical means. That link you gave has about a million things on it, none of which I know what to do with!

16. anandjones

Firmware is the other name for a kernel. Simply click on the name of your flashcart, and download the latest kernel from there.