1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Getting SML2: Six Golden Coins to play nice with Lameboy and R4

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by commoner, Mar 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. commoner

commoner Member

Right, so I have Lameboy v0.11 on my R4 Revolution, and I'm trying to play Super Mario Land 2: The Six Golden Coins. It's actually going pretty well, which is why this issue is so surprising to me - graphics and sound are running perfectly at 60fps and the game is exactly how I remember it with no glitching - until I enter a boss room. Then, Mario just starts running across the screen horizontally and coming back from the left side (a la Pac Man), the boss music plays and the boss starts moving, but the level doesn't show up correctly (or at all) and I lose control of the game. Is there some setting I'm missing or am I sunk?

(For reference: it seems like every single retro ROM I grab from this site comes with about a trillion different versions and hacks in the archive - so far I've just been using the (U) [!] one because it seems like that's the original? If there's more than one version, I use the latest since that seems to be the intuitive solution here. It's hard to tell with some packs, but that's as far as I can guess. If I'm doin' it wrong let me know. In this case, the ROM is 'Mario Land 2 - 6 Golden Coins (UE) (V1.2) [!].gb')

Sorry if I'm asking a really dumb question but I checked the rules and such and I'm just curious. I'm new here, but hopefully I can contribute better in the future. Thanks in advance!

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

You would have to wait for a new version of Lameboy. It's still quite buggy.

3. commoner

commoner Member

Is...Lameboy even being updated any more? Or am I just out of luck entirely?

4. skelevisi0n

skelevisi0n Active Member

You could try playing with the v1.0 version of the ROM, perhaps v1.2 has piracy protection. I know that Wario 3 has some bugs if it's being played on an emulator of any kind, so there could be an off chance this has the same thing. Try all the different versions.

5. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

commoner, maybe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.