1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Getting Jump Ultimate Stars patched version to work... :(

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by acojan, Jul 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acojan

acojan Member

so i got the patched version and did all the instructions that were posted. everything went smoothly and i got the translated game. When i try to play it, i end up with a white screen.

I am using an R4 and updated it to the latest firmware.... i have tried patching multiple times and i get the same result. The translated rom i got works fine on my friend's r4... gah i hate it !?!!!! help pleasee :-*

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...so the same file works on a friends, but not yours?

At first when I read, I thought it may have been a translation error in the patching process...

The program is touchy, even moving during the process (as in the MOUSE!) can make a bad patch...

After about 20mins (and 20 trys) I got it working...

But it seems that, if it's the same file that won't work one but will on another, well I wouldn't know.

But I thought I would say just incase.

3. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

What firmware version do you and your friend have? Consider patching again.

4. acojan

acojan Member

im using the 1.18v kernel.... downloaded from the official site.... the only other reason i can think of is i updated my firmware wrong....
    all i do is drag and drop the files into my r4 right ? and replace the old ones ?

5. anandjones

Yes. All there is to it. You can check yourself in the corner of the menu with your R4 loaded.

6. acojan

acojan Member

omgad im such an idiot. i just realized im using an R4i
    sorry i didn't notice the small i in the fine print....
    i hope there is some solution since i don't have an r4....

7. anandjones

Are you using the specific firmware for the R4i then? http://www.linfoxdomain.com/ds/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.