1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Getting Help to Use DSHobro

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Lephantome92, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Lephantome92

Lephantome92 Well-Known Member

I've tried getting dshobro ta work on my computer, and it's not working. I've pored over Google for hours, trying the solutions, but without any success. I'm using Windows Vista in Safe Mode. I'm using Safe Mode because it's a laptop, something went screwy with the color chip, which would cost the same as getting another laptop to repair, and Safe Mode is the only way to be able to see anything on a separate monitor.

All that being said, if someone who trusted both DSHobro and me, even though they would live far away in a different house, could I put in their computer info (with their permission, of course) and run dshobro on my ds lite with the server being at their house? I've tried several homebrew internet browsers (Bunjaloo, DSOrganize, Okiwi (didn't really work, never got past loading screen after like 7 minutes)), but I've heard that Hobro might be good. Would running it in different locations work?

Also, would anybody who has it working feel me trustworthy enough to have the info, supposing it can work?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

safe mode wont let you do anything, you need to enable external monitor support (usually fn + f4, or whichever f key has the monitor picture on it) in normal mode.

3. Lephantome92

grr. my dad put a computer ban on me until my room is clean, so there's no chance of getting to try w/ safe mode till my room is clean.

when i was working on the computer pre-ban, i had it working in normal mode once, but the screen was small, so i decided to try and restart to get it back to full size. well, i tried, but when i shut it down normally, it wouldn't even keep the screen for crap, even if i pressed Fn + F5.

p.s. i am working in my room, so soon i can try again.

4. Lephantome92

bump for much needed help

5. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Last time I tried to use Hobro, I found it to be inoperable due to endless errors about how one thing or another couldn't work correctly.

Basically, it sucks.

6. Lephantome92

lol oh fun!!

7. Fennyariel

Fennyariel Well-Known Member

Well it would seem to me the simplest solution would be to get off your lazy butt and clean your room!

8. Lephantome92

uh, did you read the last line? i AM in fact working on my room.