1. This forum is in read-only mode.

getting charged without downloading

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by lukas2905, May 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lukas2905

lukas2905 Member

I keep on trying to download emulators from this site, often ones that are more than 50mb. My computer keeps on coming up with a message that says that the file cant be found thus not allowing a download but it still charges me for it? Has anyone else had this problem or is my pc just being a retard?

2. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

you and your pc is just being retard *joke*

1st of all there is no emulators here on romulation

and second how do you download the file?
    you must save it not just open with

3. lukas2905

lukas2905 Member

By emulators i meant roms! im sorry im new to this!!! and im clicking on download then go to europe server aand it doesnt give me the option to save or open or download with bitcomet it just goes onto a " error: file not found" screen. Normally i would click save and let it download like that rather than use bitcomet

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

bitcomet is a bittorrent client, it is irrelevant as we have direct downloads on this site. Please post the name of the game causing this error and we'll investigate. Does it also happen with the US server, additionally what browser (name and version) are you using?

also FYI, don't use the 'open' option when downloading from our site as it is asking for trouble. Always use the 'save' option.

5. lukas2905

lukas2905 Member

I am using the latest version of cometbird. Also i dont use the bitcomet programme to download i save it. it happens on numerous games on both servers but more common the europe one. For example, it happens on cooking guide, lego indina jones, lego batman ,. I have tried all the different options for these games and still no luck. I have also tried using mozilla firefox and windows internet explorer Still no luck

6. haseoTOD

haseoTOD Guest

If the US server doesn't work try the Euro server.

7. Loonylion

I am not convinced that cometbird is a good browser to be using. Bitcomet is a very poor bittorent client that is not well written and does not adhere to the bittorrent standard properly. As cometbird appears to be written by the same people, why would it be any better?

8. lukas2905

lukas2905 Member

I have tried using other browsers such as mozilla firefox and internet explorer though aswell and still im having the same problem? there doesnt seam to be much difference amongst the browsers?

9. Loonylion

what version of firefox were you trying?

10. lukas2905

lukas2905 Member

The latest version. I downloaded it about 2 weeks ago.

11. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

The problem with this is that we do a check in our script if a file exist and we only take points if it does. Make sure you're not already downloading another file as we only allow 1 download a time and trying to start more can cause problems.

12. lukas2905

lukas2905 Member

I only do 1 at a time and yet this still has cost me like 300 points? otherwise the downloads take longer. but still is there any way this problem can be solved?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.