1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Getting a new Flashkcart!

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Dark Infernape, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

Currently i own an R4 Original for my DS Lite....
    I run Wood v.1.57 on it...
    Now as you all know, the R4 original supports only upto 2gb microSD
    Its really hard to keep a lot of games since all the good games released lately are about 256mb and 512mb...
    also there dosent seem to be any new updates to the R4 orginal Kernal...

So im planning to get a new Flashcart!
    I want it to run on my NDS as well as the 3DS, and it should be getting regular updates...
    Also the user interface should be like that of acekard and wood...where its simple to manage files (copy,cut,delete) on the ds itself...
    Now could you guys suggest for me what to buy?

Should i go with Acekard 2 or Supercard dstwo?
    or should i get something else...

2. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Okay.
    You have two options.

The R4i Gold 3DS runs the Wood R4 kernel.
    As for the Acekard 2i, it doesn't support the last two updates on the 3DS. This is due to the card, not the actual team being dead.

My suggestion if you are willing to pay a bit more is the DSTwo. And the GBA emulator has had some major updates by GBAtemp, so if you get it for the GBA emulator, make sure you update it!
    If you're on a budget, then the R4i Gold 3DS.

3. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

I head that the R4 original can take up to a 4GB "non SDHC"

But very rare to come by sadly :'(

But yet maybe a few 2GB chips with diffrent games on each :)

Also they is ysmenu for R4 original custom: http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=61437.msg1427688#msg1427688

4. roee

roee Member

Dont get acekard 2i, it stopped getting firmware updates, since u want the cart to run on your NDS & 3DS, updates regularly, and acekard interface, this R4i Gold 3DS RTS card is just the best flashcard you can buy, because it meets all of your requirements , and it is much cheaper than supercard dstwo. Currently the best place to purchase an R4i Gold 3DS Card from is R4flashcart, They guarentee the R4 Card they supply will be compatible with the latest 3DS XL/3DS/DSi/DS system out of the box

5. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

Thanks for the info guys :)

6. dorkdude2

dorkdude2 Member

soo it looks like a Supercard DSTwo would be the best option for me as I have a 32GB Micro SD card and would want the GBA/SNES emulation ability(my GBA SP's malfunctioning(works maybe 5% of the time) R button is hindering me for the few games I do have >> )

where would be the best place to buy one?

also out of curiousity would it be able to handle GBC/GB games as well, or just GBA/DS/SNES/more later

>> to note I own a DS lite, unknown firmware version but likely no where near the latest

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

yes it will handle gb/gbc games using a third party homebrew emulator.

8. dorkdude2

dorkdude2 Member

thanks ordered one, searched the official site some and found a list of dealers
    will figure out that emulation stuff later(now to start charging my DS, its been a while!)