1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Getting a 3DS now: should I or should I not

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by frostydrag0n, Apr 5, 2011.

1. frostydrag0n

frostydrag0n Well-Known Member

As the title suggests, I'm totally tempted to get a 3DS soon (earliest next week I think) but I dunno if I should wait abit or just grab it.

Do you guys think it's worth the wait? Like, are there any major problems or whatnots with the current 3DS or should I just get it soon? Coz if imma get it, I'll be getting that Tom Clancy game that looks pretty cool.

Also, are there any workable flashcarts for the 3DS currently?

Help :(

2. BigGangstaKillaC93

BigGangstaKillaC93 Well-Known Member

I, Personally, am gonna wait. There are 3DS flashcards that can play regular NDS roms, but 3DS roms have yet to be dumped. Some people say that their 3DS bricks when they update it with a flashcard inserted, others say it updates fine. There's alot of speculations/confusion going around and it's hard to tell truth from lies and false rumors. I'm gonna wait and see how things work out before I make a purchase, if even.

3. phscarface

phscarface Well-Known Member

I'm afraid to buy one now, I was going to get one just because Resident Evil Revelations and Mercenaries 3D but...

This made me stop and think:

[​IMG]

Black Screen of the death made me think twice before getting one.

Hint?

Wait some time to see if they erase this issue.

4. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

just wait a while, there are still some bugs that need to be fixed. there is not a big game library yet, the price could drop and probably a new model come out

5. frostydrag0n

Cool thanks for the replies. I guess it'll be safer to wait then! Cheers

oh but I had another thought: what if the 3DS turns out to be like the psp where newer models become increasingly difficult to hack ( ie: flashcarts are even more strongly blocked )
    well I dunno if that is possible but yea...

6. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/

7. frostydrag0n

lols that's true I guess :p

8. Avebell

Avebell New Member

Hi guys - I was reading you all for awhile but finaly decided to register and post my first post! Here it comes:

I've got 3ds and I really like 3D effect on it - when I updated it for the first time I didn't have any card in it at all so can't confirm weather it would break or not if I'd have the card in it. However currently using it with my M3i Zero and updated core and it works absolutely fine. I must admit it's kind of slow to browse through your games on the card if you have hundreds of them and alsoif you are loading a new game it's VERY slow in creating save file - takes good few minutes - but once that's done it works fine, so no fear. Can't wait for the big update in May

9. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I would wait. Yeah, it is a piece of awesomeness in my hands, but wait till May for the BIG update when all of the cool features will be added. :)