1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Genesis and SNES emu on NDS

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Perturabo, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Perturabo

Perturabo Member

Hello there. Recently I decided it would be fun to go back and play through/ beat some of the old Genesis/SNES games I have. I heard that it's possible to emulate most games on the NDS, so I got two emulators as suggested on my flashcart's forum.

For Genesis I'm using JenesisDS.
    For SNES I'm using SNEmulDS.

After finding some of my favorites on Romulation I discovered that most games have 20+ different versions of the rom in each 7z file, with endings like [!], [b1], [h1c], [f1+f3c] etc etc as well as what appear to be hacked compilations or somesuch. I haven't gotten any Genesis games that I've tried to work except Sonic 2 (only loads but graphics are total gobbeldygook). The SNES emulator doesn't even recognize any of the games I put on the cart.

Does anyone have experience doing this? Am I supposed to be using a certain file out of these dozens?
    Thanks for any help.

EDIT: Well I just discovered that apparently SNEmulDS needs a slot2 device, so that'd be that problem solved.

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

SNEmulDS doesn't need a slot 2 device (some of the time) but has a iffy compatibility list...it's the best there is sadly, and it'll never get finished.

The games ending with [!] are the original roms, try those first before any of the others in the pack since there is a good chance the hacked roms won't work.

As for the genesis games, same again, though it worked alot better than the snes one, and I could have sworn that sonic game works on it...where did you download your emulators?

3. Perturabo

Perturabo Member

I'm using a CycloDS and there was a post on their forums with emulators, I assume they're linked to the emulator home page. I just found a version of Sonic 2 that seems to work, I guess it's just a matter of randomly trying versions until I find one.

Are you sure about SNEmulDS? The readme that came with it said a slot2 device is required.

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Well I did get F-zero working...but this was ages ago....I could have easily mistaken my brother playing one of the gba ones for all I know.

Hrm...those emulators could POSSIBLY out of date, unfortunately it took me ages to find the official sites so...

http://dl.qj.net/

This site does hold everything, try searching here, downloading the last posted by date version of what you have...and if same results, the emu's have reached their limit.