1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Generic USB Hub: Unknown Usb Device cannot update driver. Adaper for xbox

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by efrenm, Jan 4, 2013.

1. efrenm

efrenm Well-Known Member

Hi everybody bought a generic usb device from ebay that allows you to use your wireless adapter for xbox controllers for your pc. And got it yesterday.
    First time i used it on windows 7 it said it as unknown usb and i had to update it driver ts supposed to be like that but think i put the wrong driver on it. Now when it plugs in it says nothing at all, but the wireless adapter is on. When i go to device manager there is no unknown usb device. I recently used it on vista it said i need to put a driver on it (normal) and it installed perfectly and works. It used to work on windows 7 but it works on vista.

How can i make my wireless adapter work and make it update its driver so i can use it?

2. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Do a system restore to remove the last installed driver.
    Then download the *right* driver. That can be probably installed by just plugging in the device. If not, get it from the official website.

3. efrenm

efrenm Well-Known Member

is there a way to delete the driver without a system restore?

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

try drivercleaner

5. efrenm

efrenm Well-Known Member

Thanks for the help guys but it recognized it as unknown device and i updated it driver. Thank you very much Looney and Xenirina
    Post Merge: [time]1357362136[/time]

Post Merge: [time]1357362162[/time]
    After a reboot it doesn't recognize it.
    Post Merge: [time]1357362447[/time]
    Sh** It was the wrong device, i installed the driver on my mouse....

6. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

You're having some troubles :)
    Is there any things that could be interfering with the device? USBs, wireless mouses?

And what is the official website of the card by the way?

7. efrenm

efrenm Well-Known Member

There is no official site for it i bought it on Ebay, nothing is interfering with it it works perfect in my vista but i dont want it on my vista because my vista is bad.
    All i need to to delete the drivers for it and it should be working. I accidently installed the wrong driver for both my wireless adapter for the controller and my mice now i have nothing to use :( I could use a system restore but a error pops up saying ''Shadow copy timed out''

8. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

9. efrenm

efrenm Well-Known Member

Hi guys i made it work. The receiver and the ouse only works if you restart it. It recognized the adapter. After i synced it, it recognized the controller
    and installed the only driver there. Thank you to Looney and Xenirina. Heres the link to the adapter if anybody wants to buy it. http://www.ebay.ca/itm/280949058211?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649