1. This forum is in read-only mode.

General question about patches

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Ratchet505, Sep 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ratchet505

Ratchet505 New Member

All right, so basically what I'm wondering is why Mario and Luigi RPG3 was patched so quickly for Acekard 2i but it took days for the M3 DS Real.

Just curious if someone knows why and if that's something that can be expected with future anti-piracy loaded games.

I just ordered an Acekard 2i to replace my M3 Simply.

Thanks.

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Are you talking about for firmware or fixes from community users? Usually with a Anti-piracy code/patch, it will be designed to be universal (to disable/bypass a memory block regardless of device used).

3. Ratchet505

Ratchet505 New Member

I was talking mainly about fixes from community users, but the M3 Real was fixed with a firmware update so I can see where the confusion came from.

To my knowledge the patch that was released closely following the game only fixed Cyclo and Acekard 2i.

What I'm mainly wondering is why it was so easy to fix some cards (AK2i etc) while the R4/M3 Simply still can't play the game. Is it just because the other cards have better firmware?

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

May be the case, however if the game is difficult to patch 'universally', it may just be that the R4 etc. are looked at being the last in the list to be fixed, or not at all, since usually it's a sign that you should update to another device.

5. Ratchet505

Ratchet505 New Member

Thanks, I guess I did the right thing in ordering the Acekard 2i then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.