1. This forum is in read-only mode.

gc backup games on unmodded wii. no lie.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by burnsey64, Dec 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. burnsey64

burnsey64 Member

hi guys. just thought id share this with you all. if you have a wii and an sd card and a gc controller there is a way you can play gc games on an unmodded wii. its called the gamecube backup loader and it is simple to use. get the homebrew channel from google or someplace. and also search for the loader. next what you need is an unused NORMAL SIZE dvd r. make sure the gc game is unpatched and rename it to .iso. burn it to the blank disk using nero at normal speed for the best results. more than one can be put on the same disc. ignore any errors. insert the disc into the wii and run the homebrew channel. choose the gc loader and select what game you want. easy right :) if you have any questions just ask

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

That is technically a mod.

It's called a softmod, you can do the same things as a chip, just without inserting a chip and or cost.

3. burnsey64

burnsey64 Member

oh yeah hypnos. lol. well i think its a lot better than actually paying for the chip though.

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Indeed.

There is a few guides here that explain it, while mine is stock however I am considering this option.

However a gc chip is what's kept my gamecube in use XD

5. burnsey64

burnsey64 Member

i sold my chipped gc as soon as i got gc loader lol. got 75 pounds for it. why not do the same and add a couple wii games to your collection. :)

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Too much of a nintendo supporter-they need money to make the next console XD

My gc is rigged up to copy gc games via stream anyway, while a wii could...I can't be bothered configuring a wireless router.

GC"S are worth nothing in my country, if mine broke it's only $25 to replace.

7. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

Not all GC games work on the GC Backup Loader. Some just refuse to work. There's a compatibility list on the GBAtemp Wiki.

8. burnsey64

burnsey64 Member

all the games ive tried have worked. i ddnt even know there was a compatability list. so i just presumed they all did. sorry to anyone who tried to load a game that ddnt work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.