1. This forum is in read-only mode.

GC and PS2 Burnt Backup Playing?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Aldar, May 7, 2010.

1. Aldar

Aldar Well-Known Member

Can i just go pickup an old Action Replay for my PS2 and/or Gamecube and have it be able to play backed up games or is there more to it than that?
    If not then what else would i need to do/get to have it working?

Help is appreciated, thanks.

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

For PS2, you will need an OLD GameShark or Swap Magic discs,but you will need something to switch the disc without the PS2 knowing the tray was opened.
    You can use slider tools or a flip-top lid.
    I bought mine here - http://www.modchip.ca/store/home.php?cat=269
    That's all of their swap magic stuff, but look on their sites for a combo of a flip-top and SwapMagic discs, that's the combo I bought.

For GC, you'll most likely need a mod-chip. I'm not sure on the swap disc method. :p

But you can play them on a Wii if you have one and don't mind messing with the OS. :) - http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=35411

3. Aldar

Aldar Well-Known Member

Don't have a Wii, and i have a SlimPS2.
    I Watched a video on Youtube about how to mask off the 3 triggers on the SlimPS2 so SwapDisc would work, but honestly i don't want to pay that much for it. I Do have an old Gameshark card/disc, but i don't think it works anymore.
    Is there an easier hardware way to do this with a PS2Slim? I Liked the HDDloader stuff you can do with the big PS2 and i even have the network adapter needed, but again.. no FatPS2 anymore.
    I Am more wanting to get this working on my GC, i have seen something about memory card adapters, even some with MicroSD slots on them, but i don't know much else.

4. nhi_po

nhi_po Well-Known Member

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

slim PS2 can use a memor32 with ESR, thats what I use.

6. Aldar

Aldar Well-Known Member

How would i go about finding a local mod shop?

7. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Ask around, or find a professional solderer guy.