1. This forum is in read-only mode.

gbatmw got hacked again.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheJorsh, Mar 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheJorsh

TheJorsh Member

I tried googling to see if they had any "status blog" up like a couple months ago, and didn't find anything.
    I did find a couple threads here about previous times they were hacked so I'm making one now.
    Does anybody have any more info?
    Has anyone contacted Leo about this yet?
    If so, what's being done about this?
    :-\

2. matty999555

matty999555 Well-Known Member

yup, I wonder why it is always gbatmw????

3. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Probably because they are newbie programmers. :p

4. rock91

rock91 Well-Known Member

unlike you XD

and SMF is one of the safest software on the net :p ...
    especially with the recent RC3 XD ...in yo face bietches :D

5. Ducksmash

Ducksmash Member

That really pisses me off.

6. rock91

rock91 Well-Known Member

I remember my first hacker :D ...oh how lovely and easy it was...thank god he was a noob :D

7. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

No not again.

8. rock91

rock91 Well-Known Member

yush...AGAIN XD

has romu ever been hacked? I checked the stats and there's 0 registrations for a month in the year 2007

9. Reider

Reider Modereider

We received a C&D letter so we had to shut down at the time.

10. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Dang...

They got messed up pretty badly...

11. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

How long did Romulation get shut down for?

12. Ducksmash

Ducksmash Member

Hopefully gbatmw.net will resurface like it always does.

13. rock91

rock91 Well-Known Member

a month

14. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

We were down for like a few days then we were back up. The downloads were gone for a month, though. The forum was still up and accepting new members. If there are no stats then it's because we weren't logging at the time.

Once. We had asked a guy to try it out and he managed to successfully exploit SMF (this forum software) and gain access to the admin account. Since we asked him to try he was a friendly hacker and thus did no damage. This exploit has since been fixed in SMF.

15. hi1116

hi1116 Well-Known Member

wow.... again!

16. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Was that "friendly Hacker" CloudBoii12? Or was his jests of hacking RomUlation back then another story?

I have to agree with you with this statement, not only is SMF safer it also loads faster even on slower internet speeds & the distance one has against RomUlation's servers.

I flippin' hate local forum administrators/owners here whose forums I visit :p

They keep using either InVision power board (IP Board) or vBulletin. Both of which do suck monkey balls :p

I'm at the same country their servers are at but they load forever, often failing to load altogether, whilst RomUlation which is miles & miles away loads as if Patton was right next door to me.

I keep advising that turns to telling that leads to insisting, then becomes nagging the admins/owners of those forums to switch to SMF then their stubbornness ultimately leads me to hate their stupidity :p

And their defense?

1. "Ooohhh I like vBulletin because it lets you uploads images & videos on it like those Social Networking site" - truly the stupidest reason EVER!

2. I'm more familiar with IP Board/ vBulletin & I don't want to use software I do not know - seriously, tell me how "wise" of a decission this is.

3. SMF? WTF's SMF!? - yeah sadly a lot of "IT experts" here seem to have no knowledge of SMF's awesomeness.

17. Reider

Reider Modereider

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No. Definitely not.

18. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

Whaaaat?
    When did I say I was going to hack RomU? o.o

19. rock91

rock91 Well-Known Member

Fixed in SMF as in this forum only ? or SMF in general? Now I'm scared =\
    Wait...what is patton's job exactly? And yeah SMF rulez over all. My forum is SMF and I love it the way it is...The ammount of tweaks and modifications never ceases to amaze me.
    W00T? Cloud dude is a hacker? o_O ..never gonna let him on my site, that's fo sho XD

20. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

LOL, I used to hack, but I'm a noob hacker >.>
    Can't do shit anymore, even if I tried.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.