1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[GBA] Yu-gi-oh! Reshef of Destruction Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by s_quizno, Oct 20, 2009.

1. s_quizno

s_quizno Well-Known Member

*If there was a preexisting thread about this, please delete this (not in search)
    *Why even bother discussing GBA games? Because I just got a GBA emulator for my PSP
    Who'd even want to know about this game? I don't know, I just wanted to talk about my sufferings . . .
    The title says it all, discuss Reshef of Destruction (the game) here.
    I got the 2 game version from here, which also had The Sacred Cards, which was REAL easy. I'm playing mine on the gpSP.

Here are my findings and observations of this game. If you feel like I missed a lot, it's probably because it's out there on other sites - no need repeating. The following is just a few things I noticed when playing the game that was not really covered in the other sites I went to.
    Effects
    -2 types: Permanent and "One off"
    -Permanent effects activate as soon as requirements are fulfilled, normally just by summoning, but some activate when in the grave.
    -"One off" effects can only be activated when the monster is "hidden" (has an "R" when summoned)
    *If a card was "revealed" in your hand (eg. Inexperienced Spy) it will NOT be "hidden" when summoned
    The Graveyard
    -Can only hold one monster at a time.
    -The last monster to be sent there will be what's in there
    *Notable consequences:
    -Cards whose effects activate in the graveyard will not activate when a new monster dies
    -"Monster Reborn" will revive the monster displayed in the opponent's graveyard
    Trap Cards
    -Order of activation is from Left to right
    Egyptian God Cards
    -Cannot be destroyed by the effects of magic, trap and monsters, even while in the hand
    **BIG EXCEPTION - God Cards can be destroyed by Obelisk and Phoenix Ra's abilities
    -Attacks, most of the time, are unaffected by traps
    *Exceptions are "Dragon Capture Jar" and "Swords of Revealing Light"
    -Control of the card cannot be directly taken from you - the only way for the opponent to gain control of the God Cards is by using Monster Reborn
    -CAN be affected by every other effect
    *Notable Consequences
    -Slifer can be stopped with Dragon Capture Jar
    -All 3 can be powered up or down, immobilized

Like I said, most of the other stuff were covered years ago in other sites. You will pardon me for my biased statements about this game. Unlike other Yu-gi-oh! games of this kind, both level up and deck capacity systems are terribly unfair - they rise by about 1 per duel. I suppose they did this to prevent a quick finish, but . . . with the deck you start with, it's virtually hopeless

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

The cards are easy to get when you know the codes. ;D

3. s_quizno

You mean the password codes on the actual cards?
    If so, then it doesn't work that way in this game. This was mentioned in other sites, but basically, this game charges you 1000 points per password, whether you get it right or wrong. What's worse is that the card doesn't go to you, it just becomes available at the card shop for you to buy. The cards are RIDICUOULOUSLY expensive (~6000 pts and up for anything decent) and each duel victory gives you around 50-100 points. Even the toughest opponents give only ~1500 points per victory.

4. hahahahaha

hahahahaha Well-Known Member

The game is about grinding for deck points and money. Try playing without codes, you will be poor and weak throughout the game.

5. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Agreed. Agreed.

Sometimes cheats help you in this kind of game. ;D

6. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

I remember this game...
    It was so hard I use cheats for everything ;D

7. s_quizno

Yeah, winning is based on pure luck. Now, I have found Gameshark and AR codes for this. However, what I'm using is the 2 games in 1 version that I got from here, and it doesn't seem to work on it . . . I don't feel like restarting just to cheat on it. I can sort of win now though, Phoenix Ra and Dark Flare Knight are my only hope - can't win without them.

8. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

This game was like shaving my hairy ass with a cheese grater.

9. diskjocki

diskjocki Well-Known Member

This game is torture to play. And I played without cheats (I have a legit copy of it in my room). It took me days to get up to where I was, I got up to the train where you have to beat like 10 guys, in a row. After days of trying to do that I gave up and decided I'd never play it again.
    Sacred Cards is much better, and a lot easier.