1. This forum is in read-only mode.

gba sp help?????

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by dragon_ness, Sep 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dragon_ness

dragon_ness Member

my daughter just found my old gba sp didnt think she would like it so much....lol.....

I found EZFLASH V GBA 3 in 1 expansion pack is that what i need to buy to download games on to it and then how would i do it.....

thanks......

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

You need a proper gba flash card-if you can show a pic of what it looks like that could help.

Except for the V in the name-you may just have the expansion card-it can play gba roms on it via gba but it will need to link with a ds flash card-and those can only hold one game at a time.

You may have to look online for a dedicated gba flash card.

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

the SP was the clamshell GBA with backlight and built in battery. I have one. The EZ-flash is a GBA expansion pack for NDS, it is not likely to work on a GBA.

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

EZFlash does, or did, make a GBA card that used an external SD card to play games. I think it was the EZFlash IV. This worked like a flashcard for the GBA.

There is also one called an ELink or Elinker, I think, that used a USB connection to your PC. It could hold a few games, but not as many as the one that used the SD cards could.

Check out DealExtreme.com they may still sell them.

5. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

You can use a DS and slot-1 flashcart to flash a GBA rom to the EZFlash 3in1's NOR, and then it should act as though it were a real GBA game. However, you'd need to get the GBA-sized cart; the regular EZF 3in1 is designed to fit the DS Lite.

6. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Here is what you need for the GBA but its only 512mb so its not going to hold a lot, and personally I think you would be better off getting a DS Lite and a flashcart and use the EZFlash 3 in 1 instead.

I have an old one I use for my son's GBA called XROM and its slow as hell to load games through the linker and its also a 512mb and he was able to hold maybe 4 Pokemon games on it and thats it and I swear it took about 20mins wait time for the thing to "write/flash"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.