1. This forum is in read-only mode.

GBA internet/LAN linking.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Flurrie, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Flurrie

Flurrie New Member

I am currently undertaking the mindblowing quest of trying to link 2 gba emulators together on 2 different computers. As the adjectives might give away, it is not going well. I have searched high and low for any guidelines on how to connect 2 different computers succesfully, but the closest I have got so far is through VBA. With VBA I have gotten pokemon to reach the point that both characters enter through the door to do battle, but at the point they reach the door the games lag and a error pops op. The exact error is white letters on black background in the standard pokemon lettering, saying: "Communication Error.. Please check all connections, then turn the power OFF and ON." This was on LAN connection.

I have also tried no$gba, as far as I know with the latest version, but I couldnt even find a linking option through LAN or internet.

Thanks in advance,
    Flurrie

2. dracky w

dracky w Well-Known Member

use VBA Link 1.7.3 for just lan or over internet using hamatchi
    the next thing is just tweaking the lag settings to match the speed that both PC's run at and never ever use speed boost on either one as it is pretty much a break connection button for VBA over lan, need any help or file locations PM me