1. This forum is in read-only mode.

GBA in R4

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by adonis6804, Mar 28, 2009.

1. adonis6804

adonis6804 Member

Do Game Boy Advance Roms work on a R4??????

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

3. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

There's been attempts at making emulators for the flashcarts but they seemed to have failed or have gived up

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Not even attempts.

5. ChazG93

ChazG93 Well-Known Member

why does this topic always seem to appear every 20 secs?

6. nejcgx

nejcgx Well-Known Member

Because you just bumped it.

On-Topic: Why isn't it actually possible? Can't they just make an emulator that works with a flash-cart on which you can play GBAs?

7. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

It's very hard and in the end the GBA file may have to be converted to something else, it's not really worth the time

8. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Well, if I remember correctly, then it's because of the RAM used to run GBA ROMs is only available via slot 2 (GBA cat slot), so even if you can emulate a GBA game via slot 1 then it wouldn't be able to run.

9. nejcgx

nejcgx Well-Known Member

I think someone actually mentioned this before on the other forum. That he actually made it work but you need RAM for slot 2. But buying RAM is useless, I'd rather buy a custom flash-cart for GBA slot then..

10. faune

faune Well-Known Member

But they *do* make slot-2 flashcarts of some sort, don't they? For homebrewing and junk. If they exist like I think I've been told they do, you should be able to get one and run GBA games. :)

11. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Yeah, quite a few have them

12. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

You'd need to consider something called a Hypervisor, to start off with some sort of "emulation" which would convert or translate written binary code of the GBA hardware into a usable state for the NDS which can be used for Slot 1. Write/transfer speeds from the Nitro processor is about 4.9mb/s.

13. jw03

jw03 Active Member

i use the EZ Flash V in slot 2... then the R4 in slot 1 and play GBA games all day. EZ Flash is cheap and it's worth the time. i play sega genesis master system, gamegear, GBA, NES, & SNES all on my DS lite using EZflash V for slot 2 and R4 in slot one~easy

14. josh_is_a_boi

josh_is_a_boi Member

na my friend ez flash 3in1 is the best :p its has a rumble feature as well as more ram for internet browsing and it can play gba roms what more could you possibly want hahah

15. Hypercpp

Hypercpp New Member

Isn't it possible to use the RAM from any game in slot-2 for a ROM?

16. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Regular GBA games have ROM, not RAM.

17. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

Now I'm jealous... I really want my DS capable to do that. Network adapters are so expensive >_<... and I have never seen a rumble pack.

18. tehuber1337

The EZFlash 3in1 costs $20, on average.

19. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

Whoa. Do want!! I wonder if they sell one here.

20. tehuber1337

If not, Dealextreme has very low prices and free worldwide shipping.