1. This forum is in read-only mode.

GBA games

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by kappagirl, Jun 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kappagirl

kappagirl New Member

hey i seen you can download GBA games here is there also a game card you have to buy like the dstt for the nintendo ds but then for the GBA? what is that card called? can you also download the games from GBA and play them on you dstt card from the ds? i have a ds and want to play the pokemon games from the GBA how do i do that with the games from the romulation games? can i put them on my ds dstt card or do i need a other special card GBA style?

sorry for my bad english!!

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Well you do better than my brother, and his first language is english XD

Ok, one option, if your using an EDGE or ACEKARD you will need a second card called an "ezy 3 in 1" which not only doubles as a rumble card for ds roms and external memory (for homebrew or the ds net browser) but it allows you to play gba games thru a ds cart...

You store the games on the ds card as I mentioned, and when you select it, it sends the sucker to the expansion card, the ezy 3 in one, which sits in the gba slot, and off you go XD

Or if you want to make it..idiot proof, buy a dedicated gba flash card, and put the roms on that, in a way much easier but all those do is gba software, quite frankly I'd buy the ezy 3 in one...

But not sure about DSTT cards, my brother's friends has one, but it lacks the option to link with that card, at least when he described it...

In other words, some ds cards can link with a ezy 3 in one expansion cart. (acekard 2.1 or i, or edge) but otherwise a dedicated (but rather old) gba flash card might be the best...that is if you want to avoid buying another ds card...

You know what, you can always try a emulator if you cbf'd with more cash for something that's meant to save you money XD

For that, I suggest no$gba, it does ds and gba games, but if you have any issues other than saving I wouldn't have a clue, only used it 4 times...

Hope my long ...um, "essay" helped, good luck :)

3. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

http://www.gbatemp.net/ then Reviews on Slot 2 devices.

4. Yarukinasu

Yarukinasu Well-Known Member

Weren't there like a homebrew for copying GBA ROM into your expansion/memory/other slot 2 thing??? Like GBA ExPloader... Does that work with rumble pak?

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I think so but if it's acekard or edge (I think ) you don't really need any programs added on, I just selected straight from the menu of the kard...of course if the expansion wasn't there it would never show...

But it was made for a purpose...prehaps before that was incorperated into the acekard prehaps...but that's a lame guess.

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

if your slot 2 device is a straight rumble pak (i.e not a 3-in-1), then it wont work. It also may not work with the official ram expansion.

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

It would have to be a ezy 3 in one, it's got the ability to load one gba game onto it provided your using one of the compatibile ds cards (I tried it for the rumble feature on custom robo arena, didn't work, only on my acekard and it's roms did it go...just saying)

The ds expansion for the browser won't work is the bottom line

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.