1. This forum is in read-only mode.

GBA emulators for NDS? especifically for EDGE?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by [email protected], Mar 21, 2010.

1. I would like to ask if its possible to play GBA ROMS (Not the freaking slot 2 if someone mentions anything about it ill wring his neck till he cant breath. . . im not a freaking child not to know the logic) on NDS Flash carts especially EDGE flash carts?

ive been reading up various forums but no concrete answers were given

i tried checking the NDS emulator thread here but there is no GBA Emulator . ..

all the answers i read are from posers and "knowitall" which are all crap

so atleast can someone give me a good answer?

ive been wanting to play the megaman series, zelda series and castlevania series of GBA on my NDS Lite EDGE flash cart

2. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

only on the iplayer i think it was

or harhar slot 2

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Ezy 3 in one expansion pak, used in tandem with your edge (it's GASP a slot 2 card)

There is too much technical garbage, but from what I know, no actualy gba emulation for ds systems, something to do with game/data speeds or something.

Sorry mate, get a psp/pc based emulator if you don't want a slot 2 card...

...but there will be a future slot 1 card that could do it, a new version of the...super card ds2 I think (EDIT-thanks nemesis for the clarification :) ) and even has built in snes/nes emulation.

And some other card that's meant for media play back can do it (I totally forgot the name), but basically...your edge can't do it on it's own yet.
    Post Merge: [time]1269164785[/time]
    The iplayer is the other one, but the most it can do game wise is gba emulation...it's for multi media playback.

4. nemesis11

nemesis11 Well-Known Member

the only flashcart device that is capable of running a gba rom is the iplayer,but if u have a nds,u can play gba roms on youre flashcart using slot 2 expansion cart that enables to run gba games on nds,the best slot 2 flashcart is the ez 3 in 1 expansion pack!or u can wait for supercards2,that wil be able to run gba roms in slot 1 and will have a snes emulator

5. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

You wanna play GBA games on your DS? Buy an iPlayer (DS card but no DS roms for you!) or buy a slot 2 card. And don't complain that people have been telling you the truth.

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

the concrete answer is slot 1 flashcarts cannot play GBA roms and never will be able to. The iPlayer is an exception because it contains its own hardware.