1. This forum is in read-only mode.

GBA emulator on PSP

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by silarry80, Mar 26, 2010.

1. silarry80

silarry80 Well-Known Member

Do you know what is the best GBA emulator to play on my psp slim and lite? Where can i download it? I already using gpSP ver 32 but it doesnt works fine in some games i wanna play. Thanks for the suggestions. :)

2. NeoHack

NeoHack Well-Known Member

Man I use the Gpsp too and works just fine,what seems to be the problem?

3. silarry80

lag problem, slow, cant load, and some graphic problem. so far only happen on some games, like fifa, nfs, mario tennis, nba.. like that

4. NeoHack

well I got these issues too when I was using another GBA bios (not the oficial bios) then I switched to oficial bios and it stoped these problems.

5. silarry80

where can i download the newest and official one?

6. NeoHack

to tell you the truth I googled it,been a long time so I dont remember...

7. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

You can find a link to a good GBA Bios in the VBA topic in the tutorial section.
    http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=6326.0

I used that BIOS for my copy of VBA and for my PSP running the GBA emulator. I think I had to rename the bios file to the proper name (it's in the help file for the emulator, I believe).

8. m64m

m64m Well-Known Member

yeah, I googled it. The proper name for the bios is "gba_bios.bin". You need to put it in the main folder that holds the emulator files and all other folders (NOT the roms folder).

9. silarry80

neohack, tirithrr, and m64m, do you guys can play fifa smoothly? i already try about 5 different gpsp version, and still cant play it, also cant load the nba game. how about you guys? thanks

10. TirithRR

I don't play sports games, so I couldn't tell you.

I've played without issues:
    Kingdom Hearts CoM
    Golden Sun
    Golden Sun 2
    Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced
    Tactics Ogre
    Final Fantasy I, II, IV, and VI
    Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga

I may have experienced a little bit of slowdown on Golden Sun when fighting.
    I have an older version of the emulator, but you could try this one:
    http://pspslimhacks.com/gba-emulator-gpsp-j-100211-feb-11-2010-build/

11. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Wait-kingdom hearts without issues?

On all the revisions I used of the gspsp emulator it would lock up on a cut scene...what version is yours trithRR?

12. TirithRR

Oh, that's only the start cutscene, and only once. Just hit the Home button and then resume again and it will bypass it. Mine didn't lock up on the cutscene either, just dropped to 1FPS or so. But once you are past that the game works fine after. I played it through about four worlds (own and beat it on the GBA, and have it on my DS too, so I was just poking around when I played it).

Honestly I can't remember which mod I downloaded. I got it from qj.net, one of the gpSP mods.

13. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I never knew that-from what I read it does that on all those cut scenes, something about the lack of emulation power or something...which is preventing banjo and kazooie working on this emu :(

I got mine from quick jump as well...maybe I better try what you did and see if that works.

14. TirithRR

I really don't think there are any other FMV cutscenes. Everything else is just "cutscenes" with the sprites and text, etc.

15. rock91

rock91 Well-Known Member

Why don't you upgrade your firmware? maybe that's because of the slowdown....5.00 m33-6 anyone?

16. TirithRR

I run 5.00 M33-6. Haven't bothered to update, no PSP games I want to play, and 5.00M33 runs the emulators and PSX games just fine.

17. silarry80

i already download from qj as well.. so it must be happen to anyone who play the game. :p
    thanks guys
    Post Merge: [time]1269689140[/time]
    o yeah guys, i forgot to ask this.. is there any different between the rom format in .gba or .winzip to play in gpsp? maybe .gba more smooth or just the same? thanks

18. TirithRR

You should extract the files and use the .gba files.

19. rock91

rock91 Well-Known Member

agreed....m33 is the best... ALL HAIL DARK ALEX
    yeah. extract the file out of the zip. That way it won't bther extracting the file itself ;)

20. silarry80

but i can play it in .winzip format, but i dont know if it affect the play or cause any lag or something..