1. This forum is in read-only mode.

GBA emulator for PS2....too slow!!!!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by bruce kally, Oct 24, 2012.

1. bruce kally

bruce kally Member

i downloaded file vbam.elf (GBA emulator for PS2) from psisozone and try it. It worked...But game too slow. have any solution for this problem?
    thanks!

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

That emulator is slow as hell when run on modded PS2. If I were you'd I'd rather play GBA roms on PC/Laptop/portable device (ipad/ipod/iphone/Android). Faster by far. Yeah...you may find using keyboard uncomfortable....just buy a USB game pad if it's a must.

3. bruce kally

bruce kally Member

no way? i really own only that PS2... :'(
    Post Merge: [time]1351089227[/time]
    sadly if i can't play such games as Pokemon or legend of zelda...No version for PS2!

4. Prectorian

I did tried using that once on my modded PS2....just for fun and curiousity, sometimes in the past.

I'd rather go play GBA roms on my Android phone and Laptop. So much more enjoyable and not lagging even on my factory standard laptop.

How fast or well a device (any device in this case; computer/gaming consoles/mobile phone/etc.) can emulate a program such in this case, a GBA Emulator program, will rely solely on how good the hardware processor is, how heavy in graphic and RAM consumption the emulator program takes up. So no matter what emulator program you want to use, it's always important to understand that how well it will run depends entirely on how advance the hardware it runs on is like.

edit;

If you want to play Pokemon (GBA series and DS series), including Legend of Zelda series, do so on a GBA and NDS emulator for PC/Laptop. You'll enjoy the graphic and speed better than on a PS2. If on PS2, you must burn 1 emulator and 1 rom into a cd. That alone still lag when run on the PS2.

You can find latest GBA and NDS emulator for PC/Laptop here : http://www.emucr.com/

5. bruce kally

bruce kally Member

Thanks, i will try....good luck!

6. Prectorian

I should be the one saying "Good Luck". ;)