1. This forum is in read-only mode.

GBA emulator for NDS

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by wiiman12, Jul 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wiiman12

wiiman12 New Member

This is my first post in ANY forum. Romulation rocks. I wanted to know if there is, or is it being made, an GBA emulator for the NDS so we dont have to buy expansion packs. PLEAASEEEE!!!!!

2. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

No. It's impossible. You will need a slot-2 device like EZ Flash 3 in 1.

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Ok, I will say this ONCE, after that, I'll refer people to this topic...

The ds, while more powerful, can't emulate a gba, why?

The games need to be loaded pretty quick to run-and unless someone bothers to do it-it shall never happen...

It's alot of work to get such a thing working-and with the dsi (and it's anti piracy issue) it may not happen...

For all we know, it might be too weak to do a gba (ds-can't do psx...) which sounds absurd, but that is the reality...

For the dsi, someone may crack it, but with the firmware updates, will the homebrew be stable enough-I don't think so...

For now, you have only 4 options...

1.Buy the real deal (gba-gba games, like I do)

2.Get the ezy 3 in 1 flash card (it's a slot 2 card, works as extra ram for web browser, rumble for rommed games) AND works as a bridge for gba games, store them on the slot one card (so far the only one I 100% know that works is the acekard brand, but there are other's) and with this inserted into slot 2, it will do a "pass me' and send it to the gba slot-it wil save and load from the ds slot...

Best feature is you can save 1 gba rom and it's save data, for when you want to use the gba/gcn link up feature in some games...

3.Get a pc emulator-can't get beter than that...except for screen resolution stick to gba size and squint your eyes..

4.Get a psp with a gba emulator-some roms don't work all that well such as banjo or kingdom hearts (on 3-d cutscenes-but can be bypassed via emulator play and then transferring the save) but otherwise it's the closest you can get...

Whew, that hurt-hope that's enough info.

4. AcroneSF

AcroneSF Well-Known Member

It is a nusance but yes, you will have to buy the slot-2 expansion. I have the 3 in 1 and it works like a treat ^^

5. blakfayt

blakfayt Active Member

I found it easier to just download the Visual boy program and play gba on my laptop, it also comes with a function that alows you to save at any time, which is useful for an RPG gamer like me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.