1. This forum is in read-only mode.

GBA Emulator for DS

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by fathergregorii, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Is there a good emulator that I can use in my DS slot 2 to play gba games? I have an r4 for ds, but I want something for gba also.

Thanks!

2. esnym

esnym Member

you need to buy an expansion for slot 2, and I recommend the ez flash 3 in 1.

3. Okay! Thanks! Do you know of any reliable places to buy that?

4. megashell

megashell Well-Known Member

just use the emulator on the pc
    MUCH BETTER! and you never have to buy anything.

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

that is not a helpful comment.

6. megashell

this is considered non helpful to LOL! :p

no i thought it was, its cheaper, actualy free, you are not missing ANY gba games! trust me! if there were great games on the gba they were remade for DS. such as final fantasy games-
    so you are really not missing anything

7. Loonylion

you can't use a computer on a bus.

8. megashell

okay fine thats true, unless you have a laptop, but yeah probably more of a hassle then anything else.
    stil dont think gba games are worth making an effort to play. really not great ones. the only one i really liked was the summon night series, but other then that, no-

9. esnym

esnym Member

There are some really good games on the gba in my opinion. :) It's a matter of preference. :)

10. Thanks for the input everyone! I can't stand playing handheld games on a computer, it just feels weird. The main game I want to play is FFVI(Which from borrowing people's versions, gba is my favorite for this game), but I definitely think a lot of games on gba are worth playing.

*Main on topic stuff below lol*
    I don't know if the rules say you cannot link me somewhere, but if you can, could I have a link to a reliable EZFlash 3 in 1 retailer?

11. Thanks for the link! I also have one more question: Does the EZ Flash work on an actual gba instead of a ds? Just in case I felt like switching between handhelds.

12. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

Yep EZ FLASH 3 in 1 is perfect for this.

13. Thanks Athemoe, I was doing research and I learned that the 3 in 1 is for nds slot 2 only. They did say that an EZ Flash IV could work in a gba though. Do you have experience with that cart?

14. asdfth12

asdfth12 Well-Known Member

I'm assuming you have a DS flashcard of some sort.

This emulator is still a wip, although its worth looking into.

Code:
    http://gbatemp.net/topic/281715-gba-emulator-for-dsi-dsi-entry/

15. Loonylion

that only works on DSi, the original DS and DSL aren't powerful enough to run it.

16. asdfth12

asdfth12 Well-Known Member

Just saying, but the 'dey not powerful enough to do dat' is exactly why its taken so long for a gba emulator for the ds to be made.

Also, it works on the original DS and DSL too.

17. Thanks for the help everyone! I have a DSL so I guess the 3in1 is what I should be going for.