1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Gay Rights And Some Related Literature

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tarotmaniac, Oct 24, 2010.

1. tarotmaniac

tarotmaniac Well-Known Member

So I'm doing an advocacy paper on Gay Rights and I need Related Literature, and I've been researching all weekend and I can't seem to find decent research papers, more on articles and essays and I already have enough of those. So I was wondering if you guys could help me find some research about it. Also on a side not, what do you guys think of Gay rights? Pro? Anti? Apathetic? Comment Below. Thanks in advance for the help.

2. doughboy

doughboy Guest

I think as long as they don't hit on me, its all good...thats what i tell my gay friends... :p
    (were only cool cause they helped me get some girls in the past)
    About the marriage thing, I find that they get too into this...if its a civil wedding then its all good...if its by a church i find that a bit ridiculous as the bible says that they don't like gays (im not religious, but read something like that when i was small)
    I mean... I tolerate them...

-Gay Marriage: Why It Is Good for Gays, Good for Straights, and Good for America (this point of view [teacher read some of it])
    -Brokeback Mountain (...j/k...)

3. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

I think they are disgusting.It was a jailable offence here a while back....

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

in the 1940s...

Personally I think gay pride should be banned, but gays themselves I have no problem with. Gay pride had its uses back when gays were actively discriminated against, but now that is no longer the case, gay pride serves no purpose other than to encourage the flamboyant stereotypes that gays themselves object to.

5. Devilkid32176

Devilkid32176 Well-Known Member

well, you have to look at it in a religious manner, i can't really say it should be banned, because clearly states adam & eve were the only two on earth, so in a technically point of view, we are all related somehow

but really, i think all gay & lesbians should have equal rights just as straight people should, they don't do anything anymore stranger than what some of us do

6. Loonylion

They have equal rights in most of the western world.

7. Devilkid32176

Devilkid32176 Well-Known Member

i have seen otherwise, i have seen some of my friends get turn away from places because of them being like that, yeah officially they are supposed to have equal rights but not alot of people would agree with it

8. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

Everybody have rights gay or not

9. Loonylion

actually most people would agree with it. Instances of discrimination in the western world are by far the exception not the rule (excluding the southern US states).

10. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

^ Oh, how I agree. Well, with that last part at least.
    By your logic, being a free black man should also get one arrested. As well as woman voting, etc. Because they were jailable offense in the past. ::)
    I hope you are joking. And even then, it's a disgusting joke (see what I did there?)

11. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

go back to the 40's

I have no problem with homosexuality. I do, however, have a problem with guys being camp.
    I think it's silly and girly and pointless. All it does is get you beaten up.

12. ChristMonkey95

ChristMonkey95 Well-Known Member

I think YOU people are disgusting, and believing shit like that should be a federal crime.
    Wouldn't that be awesome....

Its a shame there even needs to be a discussion like this. People shouldn't be able to vote on or discuss who gets rights. Everyone always talks about how "We're so much better than that other country because everyone here gets rights" and then they go on about how musilims, or gays, or whatever are evil. THOSE are the evil bastards.

13. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

As someone who lives in "freedomland" (the US) I agree. There is constant prejudgment. It's very sad, unfortunately.

I think LookintheMirror was joking, if not, so help him.

14. Loonylion

Ironically, homosexuality is punishable by death in islam.

15. ChristMonkey95

ChristMonkey95 Well-Known Member

Well, I was trying to get across a different point. Although that would be in countries where every word of the Qu'ran (sorry if its spelled wrong) is law. Muslims themselves don't all hate gays (I wouldn't be surprised if there were more pro-gay muslims in america than pro-gay christians)

And homosexuality is just as evil according to the bible.

AMERICA! FUCK YEAH!

At least we're almost making progress. Don't ask is gone (for a little while, at least). Thats probably only because everyone is so busy hating muslims that they have no time for the boring old gays.

And I don't think he was kidding. If he was kidding, he would have been a bit more flamboyant about it. Or thrown in a ".....jk." It just FEELS like he's serious.

16. Littlekill

Littlekill Well-Known Member

#1. Gays arent really people, therefor how can they have rights? Dog's have no rights, i beat dogs to a pulp almost every day IN public and im not in jail, therefor, Gays can be beat without any problems with the law.

#2. therefor.

#3. Beating a gay keeps the penises away.

17. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

My thoughts as well. I can't stand that kinda shit...

18. doughboy

doughboy Guest

-_-

on-topic:
    -i do however would like to add that i hate the way gays act...some gays show it (act like girls)...good example: Chris Crocker...
    -also how some teach kids that its ok early on...let them come out of the closet...i don't want 7 yo boys holding hands....
    -also how some think that they are better parents than regular folks...
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    http://www.slapupsidethehead.com

19. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

what right do gay people want?

-right of marriage? sure, let them have it, marriage is nothing more then a license to move in and adopt children. although some point out it may be confusing for kids to have 2 daddy or mommy, but hell having 2 daddy or mommy is pretty common in modern world as divorce and remarried is common thing to do.

whatever right they want, they should have it as long as they keep in mind not everyone want to see 2 men frence kissing in the public.

20. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Why would I be joking.Am I not entitled to think what they do is disgusting.And why do a lot of them insist on dressing up as women,and ending up looking likes a dogs dinner.Even if someone is partially sighted-the Crocodile Dundee method would work